LifePak 12/15 Mount

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
We're actually already doing that. One push of a button and the continuous EKG and vitals are uploaded into ePCR on the Toughbook :p

You must be from one of those more advanced medic programs. Around here, there is a lot of plugging and unplugging the lifepak. :p

Hockey

Quackers
This is what we use. You squeeze the top handles together and it pops up. I like it. Except we have it next to the bench seat so it kind of gets in my way and junk

(ours isn't a swivel model)

WallMountLeft.jpg

WallMountwithLP12.jpg

mountingbracketsforlifepak12defibrillator_10047021.png

http://www.tmsmedicaltechnologies.com/product/AD-8230-0037.html

JPINFV

Gadfly
If it's getting in the way of your junk, you're using it wrong.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
The last time I worked a CCT-RN shift, this is similar to how we'd had our gurney set up. Instead of a single pole though, ours used two on either side, had a net underneath for storage of some supplies, and was about the size of a LP-10 monitor. Normally, though, we just mounted a Propaq, a mini-med III, and sometimes our PLV-102 vent there during the trip from the room to the ambulance or vice-versa. When we moved the patient on or off the gurney, we just slid the patient right across and there was usually plenty of room to work with. The few times we had to use that gurney with c-spine immobilized patients or those on a flight litter, things got a little tight, but it was always do-able.

In case you were wondering where we put the LP-10, it was under the head or hung on a rail while we were outside the ambulance. Was it crash-worthy? Fortunately, we never found out if it was...

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
If it's getting in the way of your junk, you're using it wrong.

To be fair maybe he just has really big junk :rofl:

JPINFV

Gadfly
In case you were wondering where we put the LP-10, it was under the head or hung on a rail while we were outside the ambulance. Was it crash-worthy? Fortunately, we never found out if it was...
Our Newport HT50 ventilators were strapped to the head if we needed it. Of course the ventilators also came with an RT, regardless of if an RN was coming or not.

JPINFV

Gadfly
*removes straw from my mouth* Where I come from, we straddles our patients

On one hand, I've always heard that crazy fornication was the best fornication. On the other hand, I've seen the type of crazy that normally finds their way into the ambulance and...

20-do-not-want.jpg

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
This is what we use. You squeeze the top handles together and it pops up. I like it. Except we have it next to the bench seat so it kind of gets in my way and junk

(ours isn't a swivel model)

WallMountLeft.jpg

WallMountwithLP12.jpg

mountingbracketsforlifepak12defibrillator_10047021.png

http://www.tmsmedicaltechnologies.com/product/AD-8230-0037.html

We use those mounts, too. Unfortunately, the only logical place to put them was on the counter next to the CPR seat, and the "squeeze and lift up" part turns into "squeeze and slam your fingers up against the underside of the cabinet above it".

But when they're seated properly and locked in it's really, really nice to know that the monitor isn't going to become a $37k missile if you get into an accident. It just takes a minute to unlock and remove the monitor, and there's no good way to attach the monitor to the gig (I hate sticking it anywhere on the patient; wish we had some hooks or something that would let us hang it off the side of the stretcher).

OP
OP
D

Devilz311

Forum Crew Member
and there's no good way to attach the monitor to the gig (I hate sticking it anywhere on the patient; wish we had some hooks or something that would let us hang it off the side of the stretcher).

When we did vent transports, for the trip from bedside to the rig we'd put the vent on the rack, and use the built-in hooks on the handle of the LP 12 to hang it on the siderail.

OP
OP
D

Devilz311

Forum Crew Member
You must be from one of those more advanced medic programs. Around here, there is a lot of plugging and unplugging the lifepak. :p

A lot of times it's actually easier using the COM port plug from the LP12. The bluetooth in the 12's as an afterthought on Physio's part, and is sometimes finicky. The LP15 is more integrated from the factory, and works 100% every time.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Our Newport HT50 ventilators were strapped to the head if we needed it. Of course the ventilators also came with an RT, regardless of if an RN was coming or not.
For some transports from certain facilities, we borrowed an RT from them... but most of the vent transports were run by our RN. For those transports that we borrowed an RT, we simply bagged the patient to the truck and the RT got the PLV going. For those w/o the RT, we brought the PLV in and got it set up in the facility... The crews knew how to set up the vent physically so the RT or RN didn't have to spend (much) time on that end of things and could mostly concentrate on getting the proper settings for the patient.

Our PLV-102 could be run on battery, but we hated to run it that way for long... Besides, while it was quite large and cumbersome, it was very reliable and fairly adjustable, unlike ATV's.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
A lot of times it's actually easier using the COM port plug from the LP12. The bluetooth in the 12's as an afterthought on Physio's part, and is sometimes finicky. The LP15 is more integrated from the factory, and works 100% every time.
I would have liked an LP-15 back then... much to play with that worked.

I do remember playing with the CCT version of the Zoll M-Series a few times.

I miss playing with them demo units...

dixie_flatline

Forum Captain

WallMountwithLP12.jpg

How easy is it to access the back of the monitor? Our 12-leads, spare strips, and L-Adult/Pedi cuffs are all kept in a pouch on the rear of the unit. Seems like it might be inaccessible in this mount; otherwise I really like the look of it (currently we just seatbelt our LP-12s, which I'm not too happy about since they're often left loose).

OP
OP
D

Devilz311

Forum Crew Member
How easy is it to access the back of the monitor? Our 12-leads, spare strips, and L-Adult/Pedi cuffs are all kept in a pouch on the rear of the unit. Seems like it might be inaccessible in this mount; otherwise I really like the look of it (currently we just seatbelt our LP-12s, which I'm not too happy about since they're often left loose).

We have that mount in one of our SCT trucks that was purchased as a demo a year or two ago. Once it's in the mount, you can't really access the top or back pouch. Since we hook the Pt up to the monitor at the bedside on SCT transports, it's really not that much of an issue as the BP Cuff and SpO2 cable is already on the patient when the LP is placed in the mount.