Lapsed Certification

Anonymous1234

Forum Ride Along
Hello! So I got certified a little under two years ago. I wanted to know, if I don't get recertified before two years goes by, what steps would I have to take to get recertified after that?

hometownmedic5

Forum Asst. Chief
There is no way to answer that question with the information provided, since you didn't even include your state, and every state is different.

If you write back and include what state this question applies to, I guarantee someone(other than me) will go to www.google.com, navigate to that states website, look up the information, come back and post it for you.

Or you could, you know, do all of that yourself.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
There is no way to answer that question with the information provided, since you didn't even include your state, and every state is different.

If you write back and include what state this question applies to, I guarantee someone(other than me) will go to www.google.com, navigate to that states website, look up the information, come back and post it for you.

That's normally what I do if I feel like helping haha

VentMonkey

Family Guy

That's normally what I do if I feel like helping haha
IMG_0269.JPG

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1234

Forum Ride Along
Yes, sorry to be vague with my poorly worded question. I did do a lot of research, I just couldn't find a clear answer. I figured I would ask a vague question to get the most information possible from someone. As for the state certification, I never certified with a particular state. I only certified nationally. I have not been actively practicing as an EMT. I am currently completing a higher level education and plan to return to the field after that. Since I am loaded with work for university right now, I was hoping to be able to get my recertification back after it expires this march. Online it says I can take a psychomotor exam and cognitive exam and a 24-hour refresher course. I wanted to know if the practical/psychomotor exam was an in-person skills test and how I can sign up for that on the individual basis. Additionally will a live online refresher course count towards my refresher requirements or does it need to be a transition course? Lastly, Do I need to take the course requirements and take the cognitive exam or is it one or the other?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Its the exact same psychomotor exam you took 2 years ago. You take it the exact same way. Find one, sign up, write check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Anonymous1234

Forum Ride Along
Okay, thank you for your help. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday night while you continue to troll other people on internet forums with misdirected emotional sass. :)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I wanted to know if the practical/psychomotor exam was an in-person skills test and how I can sign up for that on the individual basis.
Yes, look for an NREMT approved site in your area. It should be a one day all-inclusive (however many scenarios they run you through these days) affair. If you fail a certain station more than 2-3 times? (I don't remember) you have to pay to retake that one individually.
Additionally will a live online refresher course count towards my refresher requirements or does it need to be a transition course?
Check with that course, as @DesertMedic66 pointed out in the other thread you created. You could've saved yourself and all of us the trouble, and included it here; no need to double thread redundancies;).
Lastly, Do I need to take the course requirements and take the cognitive exam or is it one or the other?
If you've let it lapse, then yes you have to do both.
Okay, thank you for your help. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday night while you continue to troll other people on internet forums with misdirected emotional sass.
I didn't get any sassy vibes, only straightforward, direct answers.

Clearly you've never worked in the field, but if you do end up working in the field try not to take things the wrong way so fast; you'll get real burned out really fast.

This is an EMS interwebs forum, it's filled with plenty of wiseacres. Wait til one of us is in the seat next to you:).

-Vent

MackTheKnife

BSN, RN-BC, EMT-P, TCRN, CEN

I think you're on to something here.[emoji12]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mob584

Forum Ride Along
I am in CT and I have to retake the course because I let my lapse 2 years ago. The course has added information, and the Fire department (job depends on me passing) required me to take the full course over again.