Krokodil "The drug that eats junkies"

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

EMT2B

Forum Lieutenant
:eek: :blink:Holy mother of pearl!! :blink: Who would willingly do that to themselves? That's frightening!! (looked up pics on Google Images) o_O :blink:

OP
OP
STXmedic

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Desomorphine is incredibly addictive (the reason it's not used much anymore). So if you don't really know the end-result and you try it once or twice, you're probably pretty much hooked. I could also see the heroin junkies turning too it for a stronger high.

The end result looks pretty bad, though. I was also reading on a couple sites that apparently once you become addicted, you've got an estimated 2-3 years to live.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
There's a lot of media hype around this, much like how bath salts were turning people into cannibalistic zombies a little while back. Desomorphine is so popular in Russia and E. Europe because codeine can be bought OTC in many of those countries. Desomorphine is made from codeine and a few other readily available substances. But as long as the US requires an Rx for codeine, this won't really catch on.

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
There's a lot of media hype around this, much like how bath salts were turning people into cannibalistic zombies a little while back. Desomorphine is so popular in Russia and E. Europe because codeine can be bought OTC in many of those countries. Desomorphine is made from codeine and a few other readily available substances. But as long as the US requires an Rx for codeine, this won't really catch on.

Right, because heroin requires an Rx...

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I see it being a border issue (where the pharmacia is easily accessible) but not making inroads in the rest of the country.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Right, because heroin requires an Rx...

If you read into why desomorphine has become so popular in.Russia Etc it is due to the fact it can be made from readily available substances. Codeine is not nearly as readily available here. That doesn't make it impossible to find, but it reduces the convenience of making kokodil, or whatever new scary name we can find for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayfaring Man

Forum Crew Member
LACoGurneyjockey has it right on the money. The reason it's so available in Russia and throughout Europe is that it can be made with readily available, over the counter medications like Co-Codamol / Tylenol with Codeine and so on. Much like Sudafed is easily converted into meth, but with a high level of danger, Tylenol with Codeine can be converted into Krokodil but with a high level of toxicity. I don't suspect we'll see this one taking off because of the already high street prices of the prescription medications needed to convert it making it uneconomical to synthesize relative to much "cleaner" opiates like heroin or prescription narcotics.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
I've heard of one OD from the stuff and it was smuggled in from a vacation trip to visit family in Russia It was a ladies son that worked with my mother. She texted me asking me if I knew of the stuff and I said the same thing popular in Russia didn't make headway in the U.S.

Unless codeine becomes readily available in the U.S. its gonna stay abroad.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Desomorphine is made from codeine and a few other readily available substances. But as long as the US requires an Rx for codeine, this won't really catch on.

Go to Airmailchemist.com, and look at the codeines and hydrocodienes you can buy.. Yes, it's a totally legit site. Airmaildispensary and airmailpharmacy are sister sites..

Codeine is a BREEZE to acquire off the internet.

archer

Forum Ride Along
Codeine is a BREEZE to acquire off the internet.
Yes - or across our northern or southern borders.

I used to live in Seattle and had many friends and co-workers who would journey across the border to British Columbia to pick-up some Tylenol with Codeine. From Phoenix, there are organized bus tours to Nogales to take advantage of the pharmacias that are located just yards from the border. Yes, it's mostly seniors legitimately getting cheaper Rx meds, but it's inevitable that some other otherwise-restricted meds will sneak back, too.

I wouldn't completely rule this out for further expansion in the US. Even with the tight restrictions now placed on pseudo-containing products and with them locked behind the pharmacy counter, meth is still readily available.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
How bad does one's life have to be that you would willingly put a substance into your body that makes your appendages fall off? I cant see this catching on here not because of the of codeine being hard to get but the fact that U.S. substance abusers have much better alternatives.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Picked a guy up yesterday who says he's been using. Said he gets it at head shops.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
That was my introduction to the drug.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
How bad does one's life have to be that you would willingly put a substance into your body that makes your appendages fall off? I cant see this catching on here not because of the of codeine being hard to get but the fact that U.S. substance abusers have much better alternatives.

Addicts are always chasing a high. if they got this high once and it was "awesome" they want to get it again plus some.

All illicit drugs are made in homemade labs and since there is no control on the potency of it, Its easy for a addict to get farther down that dark road. looking for a fix. and being that this is all they can find.

I had an uncle who died between use of herion and complications with AIDS that he acquired from using the drug. He told me a lot about what goes through your mind as a addict. "when you need a fix" anything will do. to calm your body.