Just took AMR written test, how long until they call for interview?

patzyboi

Forum Lieutenant
I felt like I did fairly well. They said they will give me a call for an interview when they grade the test. But didnt tell me when.

Anyone have an idea when they'll call? I really hate the anticipation of waiting for a call. Also, should I call them? They said that they will call me, but I dont know if I should call them

MrJones

Iconoclast
Lesson learned.

Next time you're in this type situation ask how long they estimate it will be before you hear from them. It's allowed, and gives you an idea how long you should wait before touching base with them again.

I got a call back 6 months after my test......

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I think it really depends on operational need. Sometimes it happens really quickly and other times it takes some time.

Give it a couple weeks. If you don't hear anything give them a ring.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Took about 4 days when I tested, but it really does depend on need.

Rykielz

Forum Lieutenant
This is for AMR Riverside. I applied in late September, took the test in early December, got a call for an interview 2 weeks later, second interview a week after that, and was hired a little more than a month after that. All in all it took 5 months from the day I applied.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Calling them isn't going to help much. You are placed on a list. It all depends on what division you applied for and what and when they need employees. Could be 2 weeks or a year.

No one can give you a day or even a rough estimate because it constantly changes.

There are time where employment with be steady meaning no one is leaving the company and they aren't expanding which means no one gets hired.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I believe he either applied for AMR Concord, San Mateo, or San Francisco based on previous posts by the OP, but I think AMR San Francisco is the most recent to post up EMT openings.

For AMR San Mateo, I had a friend wait a couple of days, and another one who waited a couple of weeks before he heard back. AMR Concord, I had a friend who heard back a couple of weeks after. I haven't heard anything about AMR San Francisco, although I talked with some of their employees, and they were wearing the old AMR Santa Clara uniform, lol!

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I believe he either applied for AMR Concord, San Mateo, or San Francisco based on previous posts by the OP, but I think AMR San Francisco is the most recent to post up EMT openings.

For AMR San Mateo, I had a friend wait a couple of days, and another one who waited a couple of weeks before he heard back. AMR Concord, I had a friend who heard back a couple of weeks after. I haven't heard anything about AMR San Francisco, although I talked with some of their employees, and they were wearing the old AMR Santa Clara uniform, lol!

The guys in the Santa Clara uniform were probably absorbed by SF when AMR shut down it's south bay IFT.

Not to be nit picky but I think the AMR Concord guys rather be referred to as either CoCo, or Contra Costa County ;).

OP
OP
P

patzyboi

Forum Lieutenant

Yes sir, this was in San Francisco. I've never seen their old uniforms before lol. But they are adding a "AMR San Francisco" patch sometime soon.

JimmieRustler

Forum Ride Along
oh lawd my jimmies have been rustled big time^

OP's jimmies will be full on rustled if I told him I just got my emt cert. 2 weeks ago, applied to AMR last week, got called in 4 days ago and took the test. It got it graded like 3 mins later and immediately afterward I got interviewed.

All I have to do is wait for my background check to come back and I got my first full time emt job. (The lady let me pick what shift I wanted--10 hour shift 4 days a week)

You mirin' swiftness brah? And OP you rustled?

TriednTrue

Forum Crew Member
OP's jimmies will be full on rustled if I told him I just got my emt cert. 2 weeks ago, applied to AMR last week, got called in 4 days ago and took the test. It got it graded like 3 mins later and immediately afterward I got interviewed.

All I have to do is wait for my background check to come back and I got my first full time emt job. (The lady let me pick what shift I wanted--10 hour shift 4 days a week)

Watch out guys, we're dealing with a jimmy rustler over here.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

If its the same division then that sucks. If it is a different division then it's not surprising. Some areas are in need of EMTs and other areas have a wait list a mile long.

JimmieRustler

Forum Ride Along
If its the same division then that sucks. If it is a different division then it's not surprising. Some areas are in need of EMTs and other areas have a wait list a mile long.

Whats a division? If it helps, I also applied to two othert different ems conpanies...both of whom gave me a call within days. I canceled the interview for today but the lady told me to come tomorrow and I have another on friday. OP must be rustled.

But I do have a question for you desertemt666, when you interview for the position are they supposed to take your CPR card when you give them your certifications to copy? My interviewer from AMR did and now idk how I'm supposed to show the other companies I got certified for CPR and first aid.

Watch out guys, we're dealing with a jimmy rustler over here.

Shhh no tears, only dreams now

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
AMR uses divisions. They are pretty much just different areas that they cover. In my county there are 3 different AMR divisions.

Some areas need EMTs so they hire more often and wait times are shorter. Other areas do not need EMTs so they have a wait list.

Getting hired quickly doesn't mean much because everywhere is different.

Companies will normally take your cards to make photocopies of them for their records but they have to give the cards back. If they still have your CPR call them and get it back. For future interviews make and bring photocopies of all your cards (EMT/Medic, CPR, Ambulance cert (if in Cali), driver license, etc). Make sure to still bring the original cards incase they want to see them.

JimmieRustler

Forum Ride Along
AMR uses divisions. They are pretty much just different areas that they cover. In my county there are 3 different AMR divisions.

Some areas need EMTs so they hire more often and wait times are shorter. Other areas do not need EMTs so they have a wait list.

Getting hired quickly doesn't mean much because everywhere is different.

Companies will normally take your cards to make photocopies of them for their records but they have to give the cards back. If they still have your CPR call them and get it back. For future interviews make and bring photocopies of all your cards (EMT/Medic, CPR, Ambulance cert (if in Cali), driver license, etc). Make sure to still bring the original cards incase they want to see them.

I know what your saying about "Divisions" now.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I will call today and request it back.

Last edited by a moderator: