Just Curious

alihawkins

Forum Ride Along
Hi I was curiosu at what the starting salary and top pay is for EMT-B and Paramedics in your state. Here in NJ I think starting for EMT-b is $15/hr but don't know how hight the pay can go.

As for medics I believe it is $18/hr up to $28/hr correct me if I am wrong on these numners for NJ.

Amyway just curious on what the pay is in your state?

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
That's in the ballpark, from what I've heard.

The range of EMT-B rates that I've heard are anywhere from $10/hr to about $13.50/hr to start.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I'm just curious. Does the search function not work for you? This subject gets posted weekly here.

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
I'm just curious. Does the search function not work for you? This subject gets posted weekly here.

I'm just curious. Is that the best you can do medic guy? I'm sure the guy is not a moron and is well aware of the search option,did you ever think he might just want a fresh perspective? Do you really not have anything helpful or constructive to say when you reply to a very simple question asked by a new member. Way to make the new guy feel welcome I'm sure the board OP's are proud to have you as a contributor to their site. Why bother even taking the time to put down your big mac and post a reply if your so put out. I bet your a real help out there where ever your hiding.

To the OP and others. Pay will differ greatly from region to region. Here on the west side of WA and OR basics range from 9.00-12.00 and medics are in the 12.00-16.00 range to start. Even these base numbers can differ greatly from city to city but they are for sure in the ball park. Of course some of the privates that have county or city contracts will pay much better but you always have to worry about what might happen when it comes time for the company to re-bid its contract. Nothing like having a 25.00 an hour medic gig dry up and fly away when your company is out bid by the company down the block. You may have the chance to work with your competitor but that's not a given. Of course there are also those dreaded fire agencies that pay very,very well and offer great benifits (how dare they) but thats a tight market and will continue to be for some time.

You can find good money in the ER setting if your lucky enough to make the cut. In my area ER techs start out around 15.00 and top out around 20.00 add to that shift differential pay and your in the 17.00 range to start and that's with just your basic. Of course these wages can also differ greatly but you can almost always expect more money in the hospital setting. You will be treated far better and will enjoy better working conditions plus most hospitals are more than willing to accommodate your school schedule if needed.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I'm just curious. Is that the best you can do medic guy? I'm sure the guy is not a moron and is well aware of the search option,did you ever think he might just want a fresh perspective? Do you really not have anything helpful or constructive to say when you reply to a very simple question asked by a new member. Way to make the new guy feel welcome I'm sure the board OP's are proud to have you as a contributor to their site. Why bother even taking the time to put down your big mac and post a reply if your so put out. I bet your a real help out there where ever your hiding.

I'm just curious how much fresher than a month old he needs? I am pretty sure there were no huge pay jumps for all services this month. Yes I am sure the board likes me commenting. Perhaps the OP will take my comment as an educational assist on proper use of the search function of this forum.

Oh and I don't eat big macs I will leave them all for you so don't worry.

And if you put money on me being a big help like you said you bet on you would collect big money. I am flattered that you were so confident that I am a big help to my patients that you put money on me. But I hope gambling is legal in your state so you do not lose your certification.

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
my local private service starts medics at 25 an hour and emts are around 15. This is in CT.

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
I'm just curious how much fresher than a month old he needs? I am pretty sure there were no huge pay jumps for all services this month. Yes I am sure the board likes me commenting. Perhaps the OP will take my comment as an educational assist on proper use of the search function of this forum.

Oh and I don't eat big macs I will leave them all for you so don't worry.

And if you put money on me being a big help like you said you bet on you would collect big money. I am flattered that you were so confident that I am a big help to my patients that you put money on me. But I hope gambling is legal in your state so you do not lose your certification.

Sorry dont do fast food and I never gamble. And Im sure your a fine medic and are appreciated by your patients thats a professional given and not my place to question. But what about the people you are not getting paid to help like the young ones coming up behind us. Your resonse to the OP just seemed a bit unproductive and I wonder why you bother guess you have alot of free time must be nice.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Do you want hosemonkey or private service or third service or hospital based? There can be big differences with each

the Happy Medic

Forum Probie
Some depts in Virginia just posted medic jobs with the fire service in the mid 40s a year.
Here in the Bay Area salaries vary widely from mid 30s to the 120s a year for Paramedics.

Google is your friend and I believe there is a new thread about EMS Employment here as well.
Good luck!