Jerks..........

Summit

Critical Crazy
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Aug 9 2005, 11:56 AM
It only scares off the stupid people. The ones who constantly lie, and make up stories to get a rise out of people will just go away when they see how we react to them.

What's wrong with that?
Absolutely nothing!

Cap'nPanic

Forum Lieutenant
Well dont forget that it is the few flamers on a forum that make the whole community look bad. Honestly I think EMT City is more concerned keeping up with the numbers rather than having wholesome EMS discussion. They have a thread on there that has been running hot for two weeks now, most of it arguing the same thing over and over and over, much like a broken record player (or in this century a scratched CD) I think they've killed the degree v. certification horse. Drop it and move on people.

Alot of the old members that were there pre-March have quit logging on mostly because of ego's run rampant w/o being checked. I was a member since Feb 26, 2005, but shoot once one person decided that they didnt like me, it was like sharks at feeding time, any post I made was referred as unworthy. Then finally it became clear that I was no longer welcome due to the new members who did not join until AFTER march.

Many of them are medics who have forgotten what it is like to be a basic and I am saddened that many of EMT City members regard EMTBasic as a worthless certification with one member going as far as to say that 1st Responders and EMTBs should be lumped together and EMT-I should be the stepping stone into the medical field.

I can see their point for more education and training but their logic is flawed.

-Cap'nPanic

-The one, the only, the greenhorn basic. :ph34r: :blink:

Also, sorry to bring this back up, but I needed to vent.

trackmedic

Forum Crew Member
Hmm.. just because EMT City moderates different than other sites does not make them bad. I see threads over there that this site over moderates. I suppose being in charge of something like that can't be easy and figuring out where do draw the line can always be hard. Sometimes things work themselves out if you let the thread go on long enough. Just my thought.

I enjoy reading the posts at both places.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by trackmedic@Aug 30 2005, 03:52 PM
Hmm.. just because EMT City moderates different than other sites does not make them bad. I see threads over there that this site over moderates. I suppose being in charge of something like that can't be easy and figuring out where do draw the line can always be hard. Sometimes things work themselves out if you let the thread go on long enough. Just my thought.

I enjoy reading the posts at both places.
We're not bashing EMTCity, you did not read the posts on this thread clearly. We are bashing some idiot who was posting blatant lies to get attention. We mentioned that the post was deleted on EMTCity. Which is a good thing.

trackmedic

Forum Crew Member
Alot of the old members that were there pre-March have quit logging on mostly because of ego's run rampant w/o being checked.

OK... ;)

If a new student walked into my Karate School , I said "Hello" (like so many do when a person joins a board......... but then as soon as he introduces himself, I punch him as hard as I could right in the mouth.........

I then would say "See when you are as good as the rest of us, you would have protected yourself from that!"

I think that person would leave, never to return. Heck they may have been my next greatest student, but I ran them off.

I certainly would not have asked for a job. Click Here

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by trackmedic@Aug 30 2005, 06:42 PM
Alot of the old members that were there pre-March have quit logging on mostly because of ego's run rampant w/o being checked.

OK... ;)

If a new student walked into my Karate School , I said "Hello" (like so many do when a person joins a board......... but then as soon as he introduces himself, I punch him as hard as I could right in the mouth.........

I then would say "See when you are as good as the rest of us, you would have protected yourself from that!"

I think that person would leave, never to return. Heck they may have been my next greatest student, but I ran them off.

I certainly would not have asked for a job. Click Here
I am not sure what you are trying to say with your last post....... :unsure:

I was invited by SHP and joined. I have never had any problems with him. And for your information by no means was I saying anything bad at all about EMT City as a whole. There are a lot of respectable people there. I was aslo one of those "old" members before the change.

My point in starting this thread was getting people to be a little more kind.

I was able able to see the views of a few others and had some "change" of heart towards some that bold face lie.

I still won't flame but I don't hide either. ;)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by DT4EMS@Aug 30 2005, 07:59 PM
I am not sure what you are trying to say with your last post....... :unsure:

I was invited by SHP and joined. I have never had any problems with him. And for your information by no means was I saying anything bad at all about EMT City as a whole. There are a lot of respectable people there. I was aslo one of those "old" members before the change.

My point in starting this thread was getting people to be a little more kind.

I was able able to see the views of a few others and had some "change" of heart towards some that bold face lie.

I still won't flame but I don't hide either. ;)

Oh relax, he's just trying to insult you, cause trouble, like before. I'm sure you can figure that by reading his other posts.

Glad to see usafmedic45 and 007 are getting along...

(quick, set your stopwatch to see how quick this gets deleted.. )

I am sure this rant of mine will be short lived as the cleansers of the site will be quick to remove this. To all of you that read this.... Be safe.

:rolleyes:

Seems not to be on the side of SHiP, but the likeness is startling.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Well as long as he/she is insulting me, he/she will leave others alone. :D

It may be correct that the moderators work harder here. It isn't all that hard to follow the rules.

The truth is people have been able to express their opinion here without attacking too heavily. I think that us why EMTlife will continue to grow.

Here is an interesting thought.........

People have complained for years "No one respects EMS"...Hmmmmm that is kinda funny. How can people respect us when we can't show each other respect.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by DT4EMS@Aug 31 2005, 06:19 AM

People have complained for years "No one respects EMS"...Hmmmmm that is kinda funny. How can people respect us when we can't show each other respect.
Well if many of the new people to EMS could do their job, and stop getting into EMS to inflate their heads and show off, it would be all gravy. Ego, which reminds me of eggo, making me want those tiny toast shaped cinnamon waffles.

Speaking of gravy, I'm hungry.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Aug 31 2005, 07:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Aug 31 2005, 07:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DT4EMS@Aug 31 2005, 06:19 AM

Well if many of the new people to EMS could do their job, and stop getting into EMS to inflate their heads and show off, it would be all gravy. Ego, which reminds me of eggo, making me want those tiny toast shaped cinnamon waffles.

Speaking of gravy, I'm hungry. [/b][/quote]
Bwhahaha!! :D Me too!!

I am on mids right now and had to get up on my day off for court.. :angry:

Eggos sound mights good right now!!! :lol:

trackmedic

Forum Crew Member

Acually, I am just pointing out the irony that someone who is complaining about "Jerks" now is a moderator for a board created by a member who was banned from here and EMT City becuase of the things he is complaining about. That's all.

Oh relax, he's just trying to insult you, cause trouble, like before. I'm sure you can figure that by reading his other posts.

Hmm.. I am curious how you can read my mind. If you wish to knwo what I am trying to do, just ask. I am not trying to cause trouble, just making a few points.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by trackmedic@Aug 31 2005, 09:32 PM

Acually, I am just pointing out the irony that someone who is complaining about "Jerks" now is a moderator for a board created by a member who was banned from here and EMT City becuase of the things he is complaining about. That's all.

Hmm.. I am curious how you can read my mind. If you wish to knwo what I am trying to do, just ask. I am not trying to cause trouble, just making a few points.
Like I said, I was invited and joined. I have been invited to numerous boards and have joined.

Show me a single post I have made flaming a single person and I will stand down.

You won't find one because I have not. As far as who is and who isn't banned at a site I don't know about all that. I have a life.

So again, if it is wrong to ask people to be a little nicer, well I guess I am wrong.

You see I teach people how to avoid potentially violent encounters. One of the most important tools we have is our verbal skills. The hope with the thread was to get guidance for newbies not flaming them. Now if a person is a making up stories that is something totally different.

What is even more amazing about your irony claim..........how much do you know about me? There are numeous pages of pictures, references and etc all about ME easy to find, locate and talk to.

All of my info is out there for people to make an informed decision about who I am. Did you read that far or just wanted to spark a debate about irony?

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Aug 6 2005, 01:56 PM
and wonder why no one will play with them.

Sorry I missed this one...but...

C'mere Jon...I will play with you :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess+Sep 1 2005, 10:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EMTPrincess @ Sep 1 2005, 10:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Aug 6 2005, 01:56 PM

C'mere Jon...I will play with you :D [/b][/quote]
can i thump my leg??? :lol: :p

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Sep 1 2005, 01:16 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Sep 1 2005, 01:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Sep 1 2005, 10:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@Aug 6 2005, 01:56 PM

can i thump my leg??? :lol: :p [/b][/quote]
You can control it?! :eek:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by EMTPrincess+Sep 1 2005, 09:57 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EMTPrincess @ Sep 1 2005, 09:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Aug 6 2005, 01:56 PM

C'mere Jon...I will play with you :D [/b][/quote]
I'm sure he's already playing with himself.......errrr I mean by himself!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Sep 1 2005, 05:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Sep 1 2005, 05:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Sep 1 2005, 09:57 AM

I'm sure he's already playing with himself.......errrr I mean by himself! [/b][/quote]
HEY!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Sep 1 2005, 06:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Sep 1 2005, 06:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Sep 1 2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Sep 1 2005, 09:57 AM

I'm sure he's already playing with himself.......errrr I mean by himself!
HEY! [/b][/quote]
:p