Jerks..........

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
I am curious about something.............

It doesn't happen much here, but at a lot of boards, a person will come on and post something, and all of a sudden "sharks" come out of the woodworks and attack anything they said.

Let me put this into perspective.............

If a new student walked into my Karate School , I said "Hello" (like so many do when a person joins a board......... but then as soon as he introduces himself, I punch him as hard as I could right in the mouth.........

I then would say "See when you are as good as the rest of us, you would have protected yourself from that!"

I think that person would leave, never to return. Heck they may have been my next greatest student, but I ran them off.

There are people in every walk of life that attempt to make themselves look better by "talking down" to others. Rememer that when a person is "posting" in a forum, they are supposed to be talking about their day, a call they were on or whatever.................. They did not go into a forum to be attacked.

My point is, there are millions of "trolls" out there in forumland. They drift, looking around corners trying to find a home. But when they "look in" from the outside and see new people getting attacked when they post, THEY WILL NOT JOIN!

Try and be tactful in life. Don't hide behind a user name, hidden and talk trash. Mainly because you know it's not right.
Just my opinion........but I am not hiding.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Aug 6 2005, 01:31 PM
Now who told you that ya can't advertise on their site? :p
Bwahahaha!! :D

Actually I recieved an email from an Admin telling me that they had NO problem with anything I ever did.

They told me it should have been their place to say what was and what wasn't advertising.

This is actually because of a post I just read a minute ago. It seems a common few ago from place to place attacking everyones posts.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yep.

And then the bashers start their own fourms.. and wonder why no one will play with them.

Very well said, Kip.

Jon

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I've seen it happen A LOT. It's one of the reasons I only hang out around here.

Aren't you all just so lucky :D

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by DT4EMS+Aug 6 2005, 01:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DT4EMS @ Aug 6 2005, 01:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Aug 6 2005, 01:31 PM
Now who told you that ya can't advertise on their site? :p
Bwahahaha!! :D

Actually I recieved an email from an Admin telling me that they had NO problem with anything I ever did.

They told me it should have been their place to say what was and what wasn't advertising.

This is actually because of a post I just read a minute ago. It seems a common few ago from place to place attacking everyones posts. [/b][/quote]
EMTcity, EMS Village and FirehouseDOTcom?

Egos run rampant over useful thought on those sites.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
When people admit to doing something really stupid... They should be bashed. Walking into a pool of gasoline is just plain stupid. Good way to become a statistic.

**Just my opinion**

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
EMTCity, (The main one I posted on)

And as to your other comment..........

I agree that comments should be made, but remeber we don't always "get through" to people by attacking them.

The point of this thread is to ask "Why" people would go from one place to the next, Flaming folks.

There is a DISTINCT difference between offering advice or a solution other than jumping on someone and calling them stupid or whatever.........

I guess that is why some people are more "Brave" on the internet.

I will stick to being me. Offering a "suggestion" without being a "Jerk".

In my years of public service I have seen and DONE things that I look back in retrospect saying "Man, that was dumb", but I wouldn't have taken too kindly to someone talking trash about it either.

EMS Providers receive the very basic training in school. It is through guidance of experienced EMT's and Medics in the field they learn to become better,safer and more efficient in their jobs. Remember the old saying "Everybody is new at something sometime." and maybe "Jerks" won't stand as tall.

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Aug 6 2005, 05:35 PM
If I knew one of my employees did that, I'd have fired them.
:D I'm with you on that!!

But even in firing him, there would have been some form of proffesional counseling so that your agency still came out smelling like a rose.

If someone is fired for "doing there job", without counseling, it would lead to some serious legal issues.

The other point is, "We tell them not to go on unsafe scenes!" But it still happens every day.
If I am told not to go on an unsafe scene, why was the "Shuffle" taught to me if a powerline was down on a vehicle. I ain't goin', but it was still taught.......

I guess I'm still not making sense..............

Even though I may not agree with what happened, a seasoned person could have said "Holy Cow, you are lucky you didn't get killed.......... Maybe next time you should............."

Then people reading in the background would go........."Hmmmm, now that makes sense."

We have enough stress in our lives as EMS providers, if a person can't "Vent" to another person in EMS, Who do they talk to?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Aug 6 2005, 06:03 PM
When people admit to doing something really stupid... They should be bashed. Walking into a pool of gasoline is just plain stupid. Good way to become a statistic.

**Just my opinion**
when I read this, I thought back to Backdraft!....

"and you punched out a window for ventilation"
"yessir"
"Was that BEFORE, or AFTER you niticed you were STANDING IN A LAKE OF GASOLINE"
"umm"
"Was that BEFORE, or AFTER you niticed you were STANDING IN A LAKE OF GASOLINE"
"Umm, before sir...."

Really sad thing is I just rattled that off from memory...

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Aug 6 2005, 05:35 PM
If I knew one of my employees did that, I'd have fired them.
I just thought of something ......with the way the media is......

Headlines would read "Hero Paramedic risks his life to save man from firey death and gets fired!"

:eek:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't think he's got one ounce of truth in that story.....if you look at the other stories he's posted, he's bloody friggin' Superman! :lol:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by usafmedic45@Aug 6 2005, 09:07 PM
I don't think he's got one ounce of truth in that story.....if you look at the other stories he's posted, he's bloody friggin' Superman! :lol:
I agree 100%.

I posted something similar to that the first time, but changed it so nobody would PM me with 101 reasons why it can be done.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I see the thread got pulled from EMTCity.

I wonder why... :ph34r:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Aug 8 2005, 02:34 AM
I see the thread got pulled from EMTCity.

I wonder why... :ph34r:
Because he called the fire chief drunken, and it was forwarded to the dept. he claimed to be a member of then and they said the "incident never happened". :rolleyes:

OP
OP
DT4EMS

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Aug 8 2005, 03:28 PM
Moderator note: quote deleted at original poster's request
Again, things have a tendency to work themselves out in the end. ;)

It is another point to consider a person doesn't say things to people that would have them worried about being "found".

The WHOLE basis for this thread to begin with. :eek:

asysin2leads

Forum Crew Member
Just thought I'd weigh in on this, since I know the thread in question, and was even the first to reply to it...
Yes, I freely admit I "bashed" a few people, including the poster of that thread over their actions. But I don't feel it wasn't called for.
The problem is, the people who are reckless and do dumb things lead others to do the same. I wasn't even so much bashing his actions (we've all done risky things, it comes with the territory), I was bashing his attitude towards it, when he pandered to the "duty" and the "rolling the dice" Top Gun baloney. Yes, bashing someone on one of these boards may scare some people off, but I would much rather have someone "scared off" then to have some rookie somewhere read a post like that and think that is what he or she is supposed to do on this job.
I may not deal with people in the best possible way, but I would rather have someone think I am a jerk rather than think doing something stupid will be tolerated.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
It only scares off the stupid people. The ones who constantly lie, and make up stories to get a rise out of people will just go away when they see how we react to them.

What's wrong with that?