Is money this tight?

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
:blush:
Why? Really, we have to put this back on the road? Really? I didn't even know we still had any of these. No idea where they were storing it. This is embarrassing. It's a 1979 according to the registration. I took these photos TODAY, not 20 years ago. I love my job, but this company is killing me. I covered over the company name in MS paint.

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I can so see a young bill Cosby sitting in the front seat of that thing. The stories that rig could tell.

OP
OP
ihalterman

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
I can so see a young bill Cosby sitting in the front seat of that thing. The stories that rig could tell.

Mother, Jugs, and Speed. Bet there aren't many that remember that movie. Well, other than EMS workers.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Even with refurb I don't think that vehicle would get approved to run anywhere in Ontario. Oldest frontline trucks in our fleet our 2007 (oldest spare is 2006) and the '07's are overdue for replacement, but the garage at the station they run out of is too narrow for our newer trucks to easily fit, so the reno needs to be finished first.

Did they not have any newer spares hiding anywhere?

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
Mother, Jugs, and Speed. Bet there aren't many that remember that movie. Well, other than EMS workers.

With good reason. Not a great movie. Unless you're in EMS, what's the draw?

BTW: That's not a #30 is it?

Last edited by a moderator:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I wouldn't mind that as long as it's mechanically sound... Those leather seats look WAY more comfortable than the new modern seats...

OP
OP
ihalterman

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
BTW: That's not a #30 is it?

Not sure what you mean by #30. It is mechanically sound. That's why it came out of storage before a few of our other rigs. It runs and drives fine. I just don't want to be seen in it. :blush:

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Not sure what you mean by #30. It is mechanically sound. That's why it came out of storage before a few of our other rigs. It runs and drives fine. I just don't want to be seen in it. :blush:

You are taking the wrong approach.

Instead of being ashamed, you have to own it.

It probably has more blood in the floorboards than running through your body.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief

Sorry, I meant is the stretcher a Ferno #30. Poorly articulated on my part.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I once ran calls in a 1983 Stoner. (Yes, that was the ambulance mfr.) It was also mechanically good. No O2 leaks. Interior in good condition. She could run like a scalded cat.

OP
OP
ihalterman

ihalterman

Forum Crew Member
It's an old ferno. Bout all I know. :) I guess if I run this rig long enough, I'll get to complain about the "old days" along with some of the fossils around here.

MRE

Forum Captain
That thing isn't old; it even has one of those fancy automatic transmissions.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
That thing isn't old; it even has one of those fancy automatic transmissions.
Rumor (about 12 years ago) was that the fastest ambulance (in storage somewhere, of course) in Santa Clara County was an early '80's big-block V8 Gasser with a manual transmission... Apparently it could get up & get going quicker and had a higher top speed than any other ambulance in the County.

No, I was never able to lay eyes on that mythical beast... ;)

dmc2007

Forum Captain
What is the reading on the odometer?

JPINFV

Gadfly
What is the reading on the odometer?

Relatively irrelevant. I've been on units that had issues in the 100k range and my favorite all time unit was over 300k when they got rid of it.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I think it's fair for you to not agree to take the vehicle on the road until it undergoes a full mechanical inspection (by a mechanic), oil change, etc. I wouldn't step in to it without ensuring the seat belts, airbags and lights are in working order. I also respect my back too much to use a stretcher like that (I presume that's a 2-man...?). Of course, I'd also like to see the state OEMS ambulance license/inspection.

Anjel

Forum Angel
We have 3 rigs with over 200k. They just now are "Broken in"