Intro

jayemt05

Forum Probie
I guess I did this backwards, I posted first without an intoduction! My name is Colleen and I have been with the same department since 1977. (County owned, not affiliated with hosp or fire, rural Indiana). I am an Advanced EMT. Our dept. recently went Paramedic but i haven't taken that step. My husband is a firefighter/dispatcher/res.county cop/workaholic. Many family members are in emergency services. We are empty nesters enjoying 6 grandchildren. (Gosh this makes me sound old)! My first post was answered so kindly i look forward to more interaction on this site.

Colleen

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome to the group Colleen from southern California. I also grew up in Evansville, IN. :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Welcome to our own little corner of dysfunction.

OP
OP
J

jayemt05

Forum Probie
Thanks for the welcome, sometimes i think dysfunction is what EMS is all about! We are a little ways from Evansville, between Muncie and Ft. Wayne about 12 miles from the Ohio line. Indiana takes alot of knocks but it's home to me! :D

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by jayemt05@Mar 29 2005, 04:21 PM
Indiana takes alot of knocks but it's home to me! :D
And the home of FDIC!! :D

Been there, done that, want to do it again!

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Welcome aboard from Southern California.

My wife's a Hoosier...grew up in Fayette County, and went to UE. Her family also owns a vacation cottage up on Dewart Lake, not too far from you it sounds like. We get back there at least once or twice a year (was just there over Christmas).

OP
OP
J

jayemt05

Forum Probie
Wow it's a small world! We have good friends that live on Dewart, their last name is Kesler. Ring any bells? They just put in a new manufactured home after living in a trailer for years.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:D Welcome! :D

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Colleen,

Welcome to the forum from sunny Michigan (I don't get to say that often) :)

runindash05

Forum Crew Member
Welcome from -it's starting to get hot-, Orlando :)

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by runindash05@Mar 30 2005, 12:08 PM
Welcome from -it's starting to get hot-, Orlando :)
EWWW

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Welcome Colleen.

I'm Jon, and I've been an EMT for almost 4 years, and am ALMOST 20 Years old.

So, you've been working in EMS since 1977. GOSH - Johnny and Roy were still on the air :eek:

Seriously- Welcome.

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by jayemt05@Mar 29 2005, 05:21 PM
Indiana takes alot of knocks but it's home to me! :D
I have spent extensive time traveling around this nation of ours. I would rather live in Indiana than either your east or west neighbor!! Welcome!! B)

OP
OP
J

jayemt05

Forum Probie
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Apr 2 2005, 06:52 AM

So, you've been working in EMS since 1977. GOSH - Johnny and Roy were still on the air :eek:

I started in EMS when I was REALLY young (ok-i was 20). Thanks for your warm welcome! :D