Interview At Bowers Ambulance Tomorrow!

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
EMS includes the ER. I bet if you look hard enough at the LA Co EMSA website you'll find licensing requirements and fees for the local emergency rooms and trauma centers. I can link the documents from OC EMSA if you'd like.
Naw man, I agree. That's why I said it's from the scene to the ER. But it tends to involve some sort of prehospital component even if it involves walk-ins. Transfers by nature, even if CCT, don't autmoatically qualify as EMS, unless maybe it comes into the ER and they need to transfer out. Rather than doing a transfer from the floors b/c they realize patient needs services at a different hospital. Flight nurses who transport from scenes most definitely ARE part of EMS, though

Nova

Forum Probie
hey danson, I got an interview coming up for bowers and I know it consists of:
-Written Application
-Written EMT Test
-Physical Test
-Oral Interview

I was wondering if you could give me a brief heads up or any tips. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Danson

Danson

Forum Crew Member
hey danson, I got an interview coming up for bowers and I know it consists of:
-Written Application
-Written EMT Test
-Physical Test
-Oral Interview

I was wondering if you could give me a brief heads up or any tips. Thanks

The written application is pretty much the same as the one you filled out in the first place...so make sure you have all the info you need to be able to fill that out (references, previous employment info, etc).

The written test isn't that bad. Just basic emt questions that don't require any studying...unless you've forgotten the basics! In other words, if you passed national you won't have any problems with this test.

The physical test is 3 min of stepping up and down on a step, then they check your pulse. Then you have to lift a weight up on to a table and back down 3 times. Bring a bottle of water! They will let you relax for a bit before your interview.

The interview was the easiest part. The guy who you interview with is probably Randy. He is super cool and relaxed so all you need to do is be the same way. Not overconfident, but not nervious. Just know WHY you want to work at bowers, why you want to be an EMT and why they should choose you.

Hope this helps.

thnguyen001

Forum Ride Along
I'm so glad to have found this post. First of all, good luck to both of you with your jobs at Bowers.

I'm scheduled for an interview with Pacific here in San Diego next week. I think I'm comfortable with the written test. As for the physical portion, was lifting the 150lbs weight hard for any of you? And were the weights similar to the ones at the gym ... or was it something else?

And for the interview, do you guys remember what you were asked? This would be my first interview so I'm pretty nervous. And I haven't had a lot of interview experience in the past. Any feedbacks would definitely help a lot. Thanks guys.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I'm so glad to have found this post. First of all, good luck to both of you with your jobs at Bowers.

I'm scheduled for an interview with Pacific here in San Diego next week. I think I'm comfortable with the written test. As for the physical portion, was lifting the 150lbs weight hard for any of you? And were the weights similar to the ones at the gym ... or was it something else?

And for the interview, do you guys remember what you were asked? This would be my first interview so I'm pretty nervous. And I haven't had a lot of interview experience in the past. Any feedbacks would definitely help a lot. Thanks guys.

I had an interview with pacific last month for their OC division

Written test is easy, make sure you brush up on the OB/Gyn because there are a few questions on that.

the Weights were extremely easy, and im not the strongest guy. its pretty much a curved bar bell, with 150lbs on weight total on it, all you have to do is lift it from a chair to the table 3 times, really isnt that hard at all.

Interview consisted of these types of questions:
Tell me about your self? (which is by FAR one of the most important questions and your selling point)
Why do you want to work here?
What are your strengths weaknesses
what do you know about the company?

Practice practice practice answering those questions and ull be fine
DO NOT BE NERVOUS(which cost me the position in my opinion), it really screws you up haha
just practice and be confident in your answers

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Danson

Danson

Forum Crew Member
same here...I just wasn't as quick to reply!

danjncoop

Forum Probie
Hey Dawson,

I had an interview with Randy on Monday and he said he would contact me in 3 weeks and I heard him tell all the people in front of me the same thing. What did he say about when you were going to get a call from him?? i saw that he called you a week or so later?? The interview went really well just hate waiting for these things.

Thanks.

Tonester

Forum Probie
Hey Dawson,

I had an interview with Randy on Monday and he said he would contact me in 3 weeks and I heard him tell all the people in front of me the same thing. What did he say about when you were going to get a call from him?? i saw that he called you a week or so later?? The interview went really well just hate waiting for these things.

Thanks.

Randy will call letting you know if you're hired. That was my experience (I didn't get the position).

OP
OP
Danson

Danson

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, just sit tight and wait. I hate the waiting too...it's the hardest part!

Good Luck!!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
For the pacific spout, there was about 60 apps, for 1 spot.

MrEMT63

Forum Ride Along
Hey everybody I am new here and so I am just chiming in on this one. I had an interview with Bowers recently and it went well. I believe this was on Thursday or Friday. I was called on a Saturday and asked to come in for a second interview. So I had the second interview on a Monday. They said they would call me NO MATTER WHAT on Tuesday. NOTHING! I waited till Thursday before I called them. They said wait one more day. So I waited. TWO days go by and still nothing. I call them and ask to speak with any of the people I have met so far and I am told that the one guy working that day that I know is out of the office for 30 minutes. I call back more than an hour later and they say he is out of the office for 30 minutes. I left yet another message to please call me and let me know what is going on. It is now Monday night and still have not heard from anybody.

I get it. I did not get the job. No big deal. I can get another job. But this is just plain disrespectful and rude. Many companies do not call you back if you don't get the job, its not very professional but oh well. But do not say you will call if you are not going to call. I understand the people get busy and sometimes things get overlooked but to ignore messages and continue to neglect the duties of being a supervisor and manager is pathetic. I met three people who were either a manager or supervisor. Between them and the HR department, one of them could have called to speak to me. I am glad I found out that this is the type of company Bowers is before I got hired so I don't waist my time working for them.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Hey everybody I am new here and so I am just chiming in on this one. I had an interview with Bowers recently and it went well. I believe this was on Thursday or Friday. I was called on a Saturday and asked to come in for a second interview. So I had the second interview on a Monday. They said they would call me NO MATTER WHAT on Tuesday. NOTHING! I waited till Thursday before I called them. They said wait one more day. So I waited. TWO days go by and still nothing. I call them and ask to speak with any of the people I have met so far and I am told that the one guy working that day that I know is out of the office for 30 minutes. I call back more than an hour later and they say he is out of the office for 30 minutes. I left yet another message to please call me and let me know what is going on. It is now Monday night and still have not heard from anybody.

I get it. I did not get the job. No big deal. I can get another job. But this is just plain disrespectful and rude. Many companies do not call you back if you don't get the job, its not very professional but oh well. But do not say you will call if you are not going to call. I understand the people get busy and sometimes things get overlooked but to ignore messages and continue to neglect the duties of being a supervisor and manager is pathetic. I met three people who were either a manager or supervisor. Between them and the HR department, one of them could have called to speak to me. I am glad I found out that this is the type of company Bowers is before I got hired so I don't waist my time working for them.

as someone on this forums said before: Welcome to the world of Private Ambulance companies

Bowers/Pacific is one of the more Reputable companies in Southern CA since they are one of the bigger companies, they have hundreds of applicants, and so somtimes it might be hard to keep track of everyone, when i went though their process i got a call back saying i didnt get the job...

ive gotten screwed over by HR Lady's in other Ambo companies, but you kinda have to keep looking

danjncoop

Forum Probie
Dont feel too bad. I was told there would be no reason why I wouldnt get the job as an EMT with them and that they would call me very soon. Its been 3 weeks and nothing!! I went out and applied at other companies and got hired within a week. Just keep looking.

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Dont feel too bad. I was told there would be no reason why I wouldnt get the job as an EMT with them and that they would call me very soon. Its been 3 weeks and nothing!! I went out and applied at other companies and got hired within a week. Just keep looking.

who are you working with Now-a-days?

MrEMT63

Forum Ride Along
I am not worried or about finding another job but for a company like bowers who is now owned by Pacific I am surprised they would act like this. The buzz in the industry is that they are working hard to undo what the former owners of Bowers did to run it into the ground. I dont think they are doing much better.

danjncoop

Forum Probie
who are you working with Now-a-days?

Hey,

I got hired with Americare a few weeks back and just finished orientation. Start my first shift next Tuesday. Shoreline just wasnt working out haha as im sure you know. Americare is chill tho. We get paid 12 for day cars and the 24's you get a lot of overtime which is great compared to Shore

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
You guys are lucky i have applied everywhere in san diego and havent heard back from anyone at all. I call every company i have applied at once a week just to show that im very interested because i really am. I want get out in the field and start working, this is what i love to do. I have done about 11 Ride Alongs with Rural Metro Paramedics and yet still nothing at all. Its becoming very frustrating and i dont know what to do....Any Advise??