how much does a part time basic emt make per year

aparson6

Forum Ride Along
Im starting my basic emt class in january and i was just wondering what the pay was...

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
A big part of how much you get paid is where you live. In NM it ranged from minimum wage to around 11/hr

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
The pay varies greatly based on location, type of service working for, hours worked, experience, etc. You need to give us more information...

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
An even bigger portion of how much you make is how much you work...

A part time EMT can make $1-$100,000,000

harryb714

Forum Crew Member
Depends on how many hours. "Part-time" might mean 8 hours a week or 32 hours per week or anything in between. I suggest searching the forums to find an estimate of the hourly wage in your area.

uhbt420

Forum Crew Member
pay isnt very good cuz its only a 120-hour course, dont expect much above minimum wage

and no, you can't really make a good living on a basic's salary, you'll need either three jobs or a paramedic license for taht

Silver_Star

Forum Crew Member
I make 12 an hr. (I would make more if they would let me drive) I'm a part timer due to school. So my yearly amount is based on how many shifts per week they'll give me.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
you can also contact local companies and ask their starting wages.
here in N Cali we get the highest wages for EMTs, so I've been told; 17/hr
some p/ters work one 12 a month, some work 60 hrs a week. another thing to consider is overtime and how it us calculated.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That's the other thing to ask. a lot of service, when they hire PT they really are hiring PRN. So there's no guarantee on how many shifts/week you're gonna get

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
with an agency i just got hired on with it, its part time prn. we work 48 hours a month, and we can get called in to cover when a full time takes a day off. its around $11/ hr