How much did your EMT-B course cost?

Frozennoodle

Sir Drinks-a-lot
I paid 650 the first time + books and fees (I went through the entire course and my father talked me into becoming a police dispatcher and I never did test.)

The second time was around 800 with books and fees.

My EMT-85 was the same cost.

Paramedic school is running me 1100 a semester +600 for all the books for the course and 2x polo shirts. Total cost: ~5700

I quit my job making 40k a year with full benefits, pension, and vacation time and it was the best decision I ever made. Second best was breaking up with Jessica.

hippocratical

Forum Lieutenant
Free with 15 tokens from Cereal boxes and a 150 essay on why Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the breakfast of choice.

---

Oh alright then:
$1000 course (140 hours)
$650 provincial exam
$350 yearly ACP fee

All in Canadian Tire money

mcdonl

Forum Captain
Between EMT-B and EMT-I my town has about 1600 into me +testing fees, etc.... About $500 for Basic and $1100 for Intermediate.

I had to sign a two year contract, as a lot of people were taking advantage of the town. We hold FF1/FF2 classes about every two years and an EMT-B class about every two years (Alternating....) we have a very good training centric chief.

Trauma_Junkie

No rest for the wicked...
My EMT-B course was about $600, which included our book. My Paramedic course started at $4,300 not including books. It seems to keep increasing though because they keep adding things that we "need" to have for the course. :unsure:

Nimrod_BasketCase

Forum Probie
It was about $821.64. It was a 9 credit class. The price includes class, book with review manual, the blue book, bp cuff, stethoscope, pen light, oxygen mask, gloves, duct tape, T-shirt. It was cheaper for some people depending where people got there supplies. The book store was more expensive.

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
The same instructor for my basic class is teaching a medic class for 3500.00. This includes the stethoscope, BP cuff, shirt, and books which he did away with and is giving them ipad2's with all the books on them. Class started this month and is scheduled for 12 months, but people can enroll through October.

WoodyPN

Forum Crew Member
Free.(so far lol)

In MD, anyone affiliated with an agency recieves that type of training free through MFRI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frozennoodle

Sir Drinks-a-lot
The same instructor for my basic class is teaching a medic class for 3500.00. This includes the stethoscope, BP cuff, shirt, and books which he did away with and is giving them ipad2's with all the books on them. Class started this month and is scheduled for 12 months, but people can enroll through October.

Holy crap, that's an excellent deal! 3500 with everything included plus an iPad2? Doesn't sound too bad either 12 months long doesn't smell like a medic mill. How's the quality of the education?

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
Holy crap, that's an excellent deal! 3500 with everything included plus an iPad2? Doesn't sound too bad either 12 months long doesn't smell like a medic mill. How's the quality of the education?

He's alright. More about statistics than anything else. It's a hybrid course. Meet once a week for 8 hrs and then you have to do 4 hrs online. I mean he's a good Guy, but he makes his tests so dang hard. Says if you can't pass his tests during class then you can't pass the NR.

afro

Forum Ride Along
Reposting from the other identical thread, hoping to make someone jealous.

I actually got paid to take my EMT course . Went through local JC and due to living circumstances I qualified for a federal PELL grant, some $1400.

Tuition $5
Background check/drug screen $90
Book $99
Uniform $50
Stethoscope $45 (Littmann variety)
BP cuff $12 (ADC variety)
Misc clinical equipment $20
NREMT $70
For certification: $85 to the EMS Authority office. EMT card in my hands after that.

Comes to $476, but with my PELL check, more like $-900

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
He's alright. More about statistics than anything else. It's a hybrid course. Meet once a week for 8 hrs and then you have to do 4 hrs online. I mean he's a good Guy, but he makes his tests so dang hard. Says if you can't pass his tests during class then you can't pass the NR.

Oh yeah this also cover your labs too.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

If your good at test taking you could probably pass the NR test without any formal education in EMS

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
That's my problem. I freeze up when it comes to tests. I'm confident going in, but then they're it is, and then bam. Fail city.

jgray92

Forum Probie
Ok guys are you ready for this? $2000 for the course, $200 for the book, $60 for uniforms and another $100 for equipment. So $2360 for the grand total.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
1988, it was 160 dollars. All in.
Damn DE. You're...ahem...experienced.

b229535aa779e116164c8639ab33f98f.jpg

[emoji12]

Tk11

Forum Captain
I took it at a community college, it was around $1400 just for the class. The book was $140 itself. We also had to buy uniforms. I took it at that college because they said they had the second best program in the entire state.