How long did your state take to send your license?

AlabamaEMT

Forum Ride Along
As my name implies im from Alabama and have been waiting two weeks for my state license to come in. I have a job pending on it's arrival and was wondering if everyone else has had the same wait as me.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
NM (EMT-B ): 3 days from written test.
NREMT-I/85: 6 days from written test
CO (EMT-B ): 2.5 weeks
TX (EMT-I): 1.5 weeks from turning in paperwork in person to Austin
NM (EMT-I): 3 days from written test.

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
Wisconsin in notoriously slow for getting licenses out. On average, you can expect 2-3 months before it is processed and delivered to you. Really sucks when you have to wait on a license to arrive before you can physically start working for a company that has hired you.

I am dreading waiting for my EMT-P license when I pass the medic class and the NREMT. I will be so ready to hit the road and that 3 month waiting period will seem like YEARS!!!

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
NC (EMT-B ): 1.5 weeks from the written test to appear on our credentialing website. Once that happens, you're good to go, and the paper certs come in the mail in the next few weeks.

skills82

Forum Crew Member
Took almost a month after I took the test. I thought that took forever, I can just imagine how 3 months would feel.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
thru REMS in california it took exactly 2 weeks to get my card and 3 days from national

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
just renewed my EMT 2 weeks ago in Orange county CA, i am updated on the state website, however still need my card from the county. good thing i am on vacation... lets just hope it gets here this week, because i cant go back to work till i get it!

JPINFV

Gadfly
When I reregistered back in 2006 in California, I walked out with the license after turning in the paperwork. When I became licensed in 2008 in Massachusettes, I walked out of the test center with a license.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
yea, the last two times i recerted i walked out with my license that day, but EMSA is going down hill just like everything else in the Republic of Kalifornia.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I think that moving from LEMSAs determining requirments to a state standard was a good thing. Hopefully now the DMV can drop its Livescan requirment for licensed providers.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
i just think it is retarded that working for a FD i dont need an ambulance DL, DMV livescan, or DMV physical. however to drive a private ambulance I need all of that crap. its just money in their pockets.

Ghost

Forum Crew Member
i just think it is retarded that working for a FD i dont need an ambulance DL, DMV livescan, or DMV physical. however to drive a private ambulance I need all of that crap. its just money in their pockets.

NYC is worse!

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
As my name implies im from Alabama and have been waiting two weeks for my state license to come in. I have a job pending on it's arrival and was wondering if everyone else has had the same wait as me.

You are going to hate me for this, but both my EMT-Basic/Driver and EMT-Paramedic/Driver licenses were both acquired in the same day. I physically went down to the ADPH and turned my stuff in, and they gave my my card in about 15 min. Give them a call and see whats going on.

OP
OP
A

AlabamaEMT

Forum Ride Along
I just called and they are in the middle of renewals so she couldn't even give me an estimate. And no I don't hate you. Just green... With envy of course.

nemedic

Forum Captain
With assachusetts, the plastic card that us the license was in my hand about a minute after I finished my written test. The delay with assachusetts is that it took 6 weeks from the date of my practical exam to get the little notification postcard that said I passed

nemedic

Forum Captain
National Registry I think I received the card in the mail about a week or so after I took the CBT. I took it the friday leadign into Labor Day weekend if that matters