Hello

Medexpresso

Forum Probie
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this type of thing so hang in there with me! I've really liked the discussions I've read on this website and wanted to join in on the fun. I've been a paramedic in PA about 5 years now, and I'm always willing to learn something new and hear other paramedic and EMT's opinions. I also like to hear the differences in the way other states practice compared to PA and to know that I'm human and that nobody's perfect when it comes to this business. (I'm also a barista so if anybody has any coffee questions feel free to ask! haha!)

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Hi, please tell me you don't work at starbucks, they have the worst coffee ever and I'm just getting into EMS from truck driving so I've had a lot of coffee.

OP
OP
M

Medexpresso

Forum Probie
sorry! if i said no i'd be lying! it's so much fun to work there, a nice break from full time EMS...to be honest it took me two years to get used to their coffee, now i'm hooked! love my co-workers they are a good time!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe!!!!! Double latte STAT!!!!!! ^_^^_^^_^

Sasha

Forum Chief
Hi, please tell me you don't work at starbucks, they have the worst coffee ever and I'm just getting into EMS from truck driving so I've had a lot of coffee.

Copy that. And their juices suck too! :angry:

Sasha

Forum Chief
But hi! Welcome! Your screen name is so cute!

Oregon

Forum Crew Member
Hey, welcome...and I don't think Starbucks coffee sucks, so there!
Of course, I don't drink coffee. But my friends do, and when they stop for their fix, they always pick me up a container of organic chocolate milk.
Nice to have you aboard.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I dont drink coffee either, so their coffee sucks to me because all coffee sucks! And Their juices suck. :( They ruined grapefruit juice..

mikie

Forum Lurker
I don't mean to be mean here but...it's espresso. now maybe i just misunderstood...

OP
OP
M

Medexpresso

Forum Probie
it's funny you mention that airwaygoddess! my co-workers at starbucks say STAT all the time while we are working i.e.."I need that venti mocha frapuccino STAT" and they asked me if people in the medical field really say STAT! just for sake of keeping it alive I told them we only say it on thursdays.....

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

Medexpresso

Forum Probie
mikie - I'm not trying to be mean either but eXpresso is also an accepted term in the coffee world meaning "fast coffee" maybe you could consider it "americanized" kind of term? plus i thought it would be appropriate for my username...you folks here are observant! nice! thanks for all the warm welcomes!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

moonfire197

Forum Ride Along
Hello my name is Pete and I am and EMT-B just took my NREMT-P practical and have to retake random basic because I forgot.....BSI. Damnit I have been working in EMS full time since the day after I got my highschool diploma. It's nice to join yall and look forward to chatting.

abriggs

Forum Crew Member
Hello my name is Pete and I am and EMT-B just took my NREMT-P practical and have to retake random basic because I forgot.....BSI. Damnit I have been working in EMS full time since the day after I got my highschool diploma. It's nice to join yall and look forward to chatting.

Well, I'm glad to know that anyone can make these mistakes. I feel a heck of a lot better being reminded that we're all human!:p

mikie

Forum Lurker
mikie - I'm not trying to be mean either but eXpresso is also an accepted term in the coffee world meaning "fast coffee" maybe you could consider it "americanized" kind of term? plus i thought it would be appropriate for my username...you folks here are observant! nice! thanks for all the warm welcomes!!!

It's all good, welcome to the forum! I was just inquiring.

OP
OP
M

Medexpresso

Forum Probie
keep the inquiries coming! i love chatting about it...weird....i know...it's just coffee!

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
It's interesting... Boston is a completely Dunkin-ized town-- you cant go far without seeing three or four, and after a set of Dunkie-Junkie partners, I feel I know every one in the city.
Only about three weeks ago, did I come across a Starbucks, and tried it for the first time. I find their coffees to be tastier, but more bitter (not bad for long shifts), and at least the Starbucks' in the city give EMTs free coffee (tie-in to thread about benefits). My Dunkies habit of way-to-much-money-per-day has decreased to nearly nothing, and I am starting to find myself in Starbucks elsewhere (I guess the marketing is working...)

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
You bet...... STAT!

COFFEE!!!! it is the back bone of EMS....I like to call it hot water with attitude!!!! WOOT! WOOT! ;););)

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I hate coffee, but I'm not sure what it is about those Starbucks folks, but they always treated us so well. There were few places open late when I used to work the midnight shift, and they always gave us free drinks of our choice and offered more. It wasn't just one location, they were all that great.

When my partner and I got a call to a pt with DIB at a starbucks we had a 30 second response time... but it took a while to clear the scene. We had to pick up all of the ALS trash, clear the O2 tanks, and order two drinks. :)