Heading to New Orleans

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
You guys are making us proud for sure!!

DOn't forget to talk about EMTlife in any down time you may get!!

Stay Safe Bruddahs! ;)

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Cool, not a whole lot of downtime, but now we have got some connections up and running, so we can get out to the world now. I've got a picture that I will share with y'all. This is of our team of "acquired" medics, as well as myself and my second in charge. We've done everything from trauma, illness, psyche, environmental surveys, improvised HAZMAT, confined space, and I'm sure I'll classify other things as I am entering my medical logs into my laptop. We've also been recognized by CDC/OSHA/NIOSH/USPHS for having an unbelieveably run operation. With over 175 people on the ground, we've only had 3 emergency runs to Baton Rough in 16 days, one of which we accomplished a complete reversal of symptoms in the patient, and I cleared him for return to duty, so we diverted back to base. This is also taking into account the raw sewage that we worked in and around for the first 6 days with no shower facilities at all. This was my first run at MSO, so I am very happy with the results so far, but credit goes to alot of preventative/first strike, and my crew. We're getting into environmental assessments, and evaluation of certain sites for recurring injuries, etc... We were out in Jefferson Parish, on another site. Anyway, I just want to thank my civi medics, who were absolutely invaluable to me during this run, and without them, there is a definite question in my mind if this mission would of been a success. Anyway, they were from TransCare in Pittsburgh, PA. Great people, I can't say enough about them, and they are traveling home today. sniff, sniff.... Anyway, I'm sure I'm going to have to get some counseling after this job with my personal psychologist, Dr. J. Daniels. Hope you all are doing well. -luke

BTW: I am the one holding the sign, with the underarmour and the tatts B)

nawlinscrew.jpg

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
New colors... Don't see how they could afford it, they filed for chap. 11 three times from 00-03.

They sent MT-PGH right down the drain. We had Vernon, Hudson, & Paoli; they set up shop in all three plus Mckeesport and the city. Even though the FD ran EMS in the city. Our top competitor, seemed odd that they made their company name almost exact to ours. We used to write nasty things in the dust on their rear windows while it was parked outside UofPMC..... but thats another story. Took all of our top customers, so MedTrans moved to Cincinatti, and of course I didn't. :unsure:

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Don't know anything about the company, other than they allowed us the use of their ambo, gave us critical medical resupply, and the people that I have dealt with I would take anywhere with me.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Luno@Sep 17 2005, 04:49 PM
Don't know anything about the company, other than they allowed us the use of their ambo, gave us critical medical resupply, and the people that I have dealt with I would take anywhere with me.
Nothing wrong w/ the crew members... Just the company owners, I felt the same way about the owners of the company I worked for. But it would have been pointless to write things on my own bus. :p

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by Luno@Sep 17 2005, 08:42 AM
Cool, not a whole lot of downtime, but now we have got some connections up and running, so we can get out to the world now. I've got a picture that I will share with y'all. This is of our team of "acquired" medics, as well as myself and my second in charge. We've done everything from trauma, illness, psyche, environmental surveys, improvised HAZMAT, confined space, and I'm sure I'll classify other things as I am entering my medical logs into my laptop. We've also been recognized by CDC/OSHA/NIOSH/USPHS for having an unbelieveably run operation. With over 175 people on the ground, we've only had 3 emergency runs to Baton Rough in 16 days, one of which we accomplished a complete reversal of symptoms in the patient, and I cleared him for return to duty, so we diverted back to base. This is also taking into account the raw sewage that we worked in and around for the first 6 days with no shower facilities at all. This was my first run at MSO, so I am very happy with the results so far, but credit goes to alot of preventative/first strike, and my crew. We're getting into environmental assessments, and evaluation of certain sites for recurring injuries, etc... We were out in Jefferson Parish, on another site. Anyway, I just want to thank my civi medics, who were absolutely invaluable to me during this run, and without them, there is a definite question in my mind if this mission would of been a success. Anyway, they were from TransCare in Pittsburgh, PA. Great people, I can't say enough about them, and they are traveling home today. sniff, sniff.... Anyway, I'm sure I'm going to have to get some counseling after this job with my personal psychologist, Dr. J. Daniels. Hope you all are doing well. -luke

nawlinscrew.jpg
I didn't know Vin Diesel posted here!!!! :eek: :lol: :lol: :p

Glad to hear you're doing well! :D

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I think it's safe to say that bulge around Luno's hip isn't his rescue randy belt :) Glad to hear you're having a positive experience!

Keep us updated!

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Since it's been brought up, in my best Vin Diesel/XXX voice "I live for this ****!"

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
:lol:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@Sep 6 2005, 09:36 PM
Hey guys, this place is a frickin' mess, but there are enough rescue rigs to keep Jon up for a month..... Anyway, we rolled in on Friday, and are running security/asset re-aquirement and protection. I am currently the MSO for our team, with 120 workers and managing a team of 6 medically trained personnel. If any of you are in New Orleans, stop by our med rig, we are at the Marriott, just across the street from the Sheraton on Canal St. There are two RV's parked under the marriott overhang, the med is the little one. We've been providing tac-med for all of our assault teams, as well as general med. Anycase just drop by and say hi, in this environment, people with guns and QRFs are very good friends to have, incase something goes wrong. Oh, and Tricam, you're still my B1TCH!
Darn...

some of my co-workers were THERE... giving Hep A and TB to everyone who wanted it... Me.... I sat in the supply tent :rolleyes:

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@Sep 17 2005, 09:42 AM

nawlinscrew.jpg
I looked for my whole two weeks for the PA transcare crews...... I heard they were on an assignment.... never did see them.

Jon`

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Uh, the "assignment" was uh, G-14 classified. :eek: They were with me for 2 weeks. Apparently they had fun, or so they said.... I may go up to Pittsburgh and buy them a couple of rounds after this is all said and done, but I think there were other PA crews, and I know that there were NY crews there from the same outfit.
-luke

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Damn it all, posting while I'm tired, it just doesn't work....

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@Sep 19 2005, 01:04 AM
Uh, the "assignment" was uh, G-14 classified. :eek: They were with me for 2 weeks. Apparently they had fun, or so they said.... I may go up to Pittsburgh and buy them a couple of rounds after this is all said and done, but I think there were other PA crews, and I know that there were NY crews there from the same outfit.
-luke
I live right next to their "Paoli" base.... and I heard that they had some crew from there (Philly area) as well as the Pittsburgh crews.

I only mde it into N.O. twie... never had Pt. contact in the city.... I got the short straw.

Jon

Luno

OG
Premium Member
If you hooked up with me, I probably could of got you on a couple of entries, Tac style. We also did some active shooter responses. All fun and games though. Anyway, glad to hear you made it home safe. We've got a bunch of other pictures, but most of them won't make it to the web.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Luno, what happened to your right leg? LOL ;)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Sep 19 2005, 04:19 PM
ROFL :lol:

Luno

OG
Premium Member
OMG, I didn't even realize that, leave it to you, Erica, to find something like that.... ;) So, did you bf make it down here? It looks like we may be warming up for something new!!!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Sep 19 2005, 05:19 PM
The fire ants walked off with it, whole.... saved them time.... :D

Jon