Heading to New Orleans

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Luno-

Where are you riding it out at? I guess I thought you were further north than it seems you are.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Downtown NO, but my op plan is to support operations in the TX area, as we are only 6 hrs out, barring any interfering highway situations...

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@Sep 22 2005, 06:18 AM
barring any interfering highway situations...
What are you smoking????

Did you drive I-10.... when it was an island???

have you been throug Baton Rouge.... the world's biggest traffic Jam, sunup[ to sundown, 7 days a week???

:p :rolleyes:

Good Luck, Luke....

~Jon

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Yeah, I remember I(Island)-10, but you'd be interested in the fact we made it from downtown new orleans (near the Omni Hotel) to Baton Rouge general in under 40 mins. ;)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Now we know what Luno is really doing in NO....

GHOSTBUSTING!

J/K. :p

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I'll send some good wishes out your way Luno. Something tells me you're having the time of your life doing this stuff....Just be careful.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Thanks Wingnut, yeah, I'm having a blast, levees are breaching, but we're on high ground, (second floor), and the flooding hasn't even gotten within a mile of us! And FFEMT, bro, I've got a few stories for you when this thing wraps up! It is pretty desolate, but there are some hangers on... Anyway, we just got net, so I figured I'd post out while I can. So, it looks like we're not pulling to Houston/Galveston, so I'm tracking to be in Pittsburgh on the 1st-5th, just look for the bald guy passed out drunk in the corner of the firemen's club.... Anyway, everyone stay safe, and I'll post as available.
luke

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@Sep 23 2005, 05:31 PM
so I'm tracking to be in Pittsburgh on the 1st-5th, just look for the bald guy passed out drunk in the corner of the firemen's club....
That may not be a good idea as Jon might be the one responding for a "man down" :lol:

Stay safe and keep us updated when you can.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Little bit of water, little bit of wind, I was expecting a little more... So, does anyone here live in Pittsburgh? I'll be there getting more ink done, and probably a lot of partying, I'll post out the picture of the tatt when I get it done, I think it might move me to "official" whacker status. I've gotta do something to commemorate this run...

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Sep 23 2005, 03:09 AM
Now we know what Luno is really doing in NO....

GHOSTBUSTING!

J/K. :p
Man that is wild!! We have a couple of spots here people swear are haunted. I ain't never see na ghost and I ain't sure I wanna................ :eek:

Luno I hope you are doin' alright Bruddah!!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@Sep 24 2005, 11:27 PM
Little bit of water, little bit of wind, I was expecting a little more... So, does anyone here live in Pittsburgh? I'll be there getting more ink done, and probably a lot of partying, I'll post out the picture of the tatt when I get it done, I think it might move me to "official" whacker status. I've gotta do something to commemorate this run...
I live out in Chester County...... Between Harrisburg and Philly.

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Sep 26 2005, 01:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Sep 26 2005, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Luno@Sep 24 2005, 11:27 PM
I live out in Chester County...... Between Harrisburg and Philly.

Jon [/b][/quote]
TTLWHKR is out that way, though....

Luno

OG
Premium Member
DT, yeah, I'm doing okay, now that everything is winding down, just coping with the emo dump. Our med unit is packing it up on the 1st, so we're just dealing with people with stress/emo casualties. Also dealing with people who are leaving, and their stress trauma with leaving, etc... So, how's the real world? I'll be rejoining you guys on the 1st, is there still a real world? Being here has been a real mindfk, especially since you realize exactly how debase humanity really is. The stories from here will probably never be told, and everyone will continue to live in condition white. But to witness this, when we look down on third world countries, is an introspection that America would never be able to handle. Anyway, I wax eloquent, but everything from an operational standpoint is going well. -luke

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I saw this picture of Luno's dog and thought you'd all like to see. :)

patrioticdog.jpg

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
:eek: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OH..........MY.........GAWD!!! That is SOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Lookie there, Luno has a soft side. Isn't he sweet :) :wub:

Luno

OG
Premium Member
OMG, bad boy who plays with guns, with a "soft side." Can I sell the movie rights yet? I just want to make sure that I am played by Vin Diesel, in this made for TV drama.... :p Anyway, the insanity is coming to an end, the light is at the end of the tunnel, the curtain is closing on this episode, and all the other melodramatic crap that comes with winding up a mission. My ticket is punched, and I leave the beautiful city of New Orleans at 1125 tomorrow morning. This was definitely one for the record books, and I'll have a picture of my new tatt posted up, as soon as it's done. Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts sent our way, and your prayers. Unless something else happens, I should be home in Seattle on Tuesday, post R&R. So ends *****'s NOLA mission. But I wax eloquent.
Signing of from NOLA,
-luke

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Good to hear.

Enjoy the airport, and tell me if the tent is still up on the jetway!

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Hello all, I've gotten home, back in Seattle. Jon, the tent was gone. I'll post up pictures of Katrina Tattoos here probably in the next day or so. I think mine puts me into official "whacker" status... Something about the star of life.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
good to here you are home safe.

Jon