HALL AMBULANCE

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So... had my ride along today and it was awesome! The crew I had couldn't have been better. They were able answer all my random questions, let me know what they were doing and why (if the situation permitted), and just overall friendly and welcoming.

It was an eye opening experience, really gave me an opportunity to see EMS in action and gave myself a newfound respect for what you guys do everyday. Really looking forward to the 2nd interview and hopefully getting an offer.
Your paramedic was my final paramedic intern. A sharp kid that one is. Easiest intern hands down in the 5 years I'd trained. You lucked out, truly.

CentralCalEMT

Forum Captain
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I saw a Facebook post saying Hall now had a $5,000 signing bonus and up to a $2,500 relocation bonus. Can anyone from the Kern County cult verify this? If it is true, it might be enough to convince some of our EMS brothers and sisters stuck in the LA/OC systems to try Central California out. It is plenty of money for a down payment on a nice apartment in Bakersfield with enough left over to furnish it nicely.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I saw a Facebook post saying Hall now had a $5,000 signing bonus and up to a $2,500 relocation bonus. Can anyone from the Kern County cult verify this? If it is true, it might be enough to convince some of our EMS brothers and sisters stuck in the LA/OC systems to try Central California out. It is plenty of money for a down payment on a nice apartment in Bakersfield with enough left over to furnish it nicely.
It's true!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I saw a Facebook post saying Hall now had a $5,000 signing bonus and up to a $2,500 relocation bonus. Can anyone from the Kern County cult verify this? If it is true, it might be enough to convince some of our EMS brothers and sisters stuck in the LA/OC systems to try Central California out. It is plenty of money for a down payment on a nice apartment in Bakersfield and furnish it nicely.
It's true, but only for paramedics. We are still hiring EMTs and RNs but without incentive.

Also the signing bonus is supposedly only valid if you're referred, so hook up with a culter

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Yup, true. It was discussed this morning at our monthly (CCT) staff meeting by our management.

Reactions: NPO

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Facebook post saying Hall now had a $5,000 signing bonus and up to a $2,500 relocation bonus.

Not gonna lie I saw the ad(?) on Facebook (I don't follow Hall so I assume it was an ad) and seriously put some forethought into it when I'm done with medic school. I'm no stranger to the central valley and norther Kern Co, but as soon as I get my p-card in hand I'm applying to out of state fire departments. I'm sure that the Kern Co Cult wouldn't want to hire me only to have me work a couple months and split to a fire gig out of state. I'll pass it along to my medic class and some of my buddies in the class ahead of me.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I've been seeing the ads on the book of faces also. It has been very very tempting but there is no way I could afford the drive on 12 hour shifts and I would rather not have to rent at the moment.

CALEMT

I've been seeing the ads on the book of faces also. It has been very very tempting but there is no way I could afford the drive on 12 hour shifts and I would rather not have to rent at the moment.

Just wait till I'll I'm done with medic school. Roommate.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Not even partially rent a room with all utilities paid for say $150 a month?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Not even partially rent a room with all utilities paid for say $150 a month?

I need a garage to put some of my stuff in. Maybe once I am done with my associates I will look into it more seriously since the girlfriend will be able to either sell or rent out her place.

CALEMT

I need a garage to do man stuff in. Maybe once I am done with my associates I will look into it more seriously since the girlfriend will be able to either sell or rent out her place.

There ya go.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Or you could move to Texas and work for somewhere like MCHD and buy a house and land....

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Houston and East Texas are literally greener than Northern CA. We don't actually get to desert until we're west of the Hill Country, 450 miles west of me. North Texas is basically Central CA. And the piney Woods are stupidly big

CALEMT

North Texas is basically Central CA. And the piney Woods are stupidly big

Except you're missing a big 14,505 foot mountain that is Mount Whitney.