Hall ambulance insiders how do you get hired fire you have fire background?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
OP
OP
Daddyrunner

Daddyrunner

Forum Probie
Liberty is hiring EMTs currently. Delano hires frequently but last I heard they have a full roster. Same county and same system as Hall, als 911, little lower EMT pay and call volume. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer.

I'm scheduled for a ride along with Delano how does that hiring process work?

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm scheduled for a ride along with Delano how does that hiring process work?
Show up for Ridealong, complete unpaid ride along, get job offer, fill out paperwork, start training as third man for several weeks.
They'll take pretty much anyone that doesn't come off as a complete retard and who isn't impossible to live in station with.
Their EMT pay is even lower than Liberty. When I was at Delano the equipment, station, units were all in desperate need of upgrading/repairs/replacing, and supervisors were all pretty difficult to tolerate. There's a reason I came back to Liberty after some time in Delano. Delano will push you through the hiring process a little quicker, and if you need a job tomorrow it can definitely be that. But if Hall isn't in the cards right now, look at Liberty or Imperial in Tulare co before Delano.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
How is Liberty doing? I'm playing with the idea of going back out to RC for my 10-year graduation reunion on 10/21.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
I mean, we haven't sold to Hall yet, so that's something. Its gotten better in the several years I've been here. Equipment has improved, but they've always been good about being the first in the county to implement new toys in the few years I've been here. It's definitely not Texas ems, but I'm happy here. My only consistent complaint is the pay and schedule.
But RC itself has gone to ****. It's becoming more and more low income, high crime. I think it's Always been full of tweakers but now more than ever. But if that doesn't scare you off, come on out to the middle of nowhere desert.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@LACoGurneyjockey RC= Ridgecrest?

We had two back to back stand bys the other night. One for a stabbing, one for a shooting, so yeah...I'd agree.

RocketMedic

A stabbing and a shooting in RC? That's a shame. It was pretty nice when I went to Burroughs.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
A stabbing and a shooting in RC? That's a shame. It was pretty nice when I went to Burroughs.
It would still appear to be a fairly unusual occurrence. Our pilot that day, who's been at that base over 5 years, felt it was somewhat peculiar as well.

RocketMedic

I'll have to deconflict it with my work and school schedule, but I really do want to go. Lots of good friends in RC.

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
It was one in the same. Shots were fired but didn't hit anyone, stabbed in self defense, fled the original scene and was found a few blocks away.
And then the 3 patient stabbing with a fatality a couple weeks back. It's certainly not as bad as it could be, but it's changed since I've been here.
@VentMonkey we usually don't wake you guys up for our shenanigans, except now with Mercy 14 being in the shop more than it's in service.

RocketMedic

My best friend's dad lives on the next block from that stabbing, on Burns.