Guitarists?

Cory

Forum Captain
Just wondering, is anyone here a guitarist? The few friends and relatives I have who are EMS workers are all guitar enthusisits, so I figured maybe it's pretty common.

If so, what guitar do you play? (maybe even post a picture)

I play an el cheapo Squire Strat with a few modifications. I love playing blues, and some classic rock. Can't get enough Clapton, although my Clapton covers are sub-par <_<

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Not for years.Self-taught.

Had a Yamaha nylon and steel acoustic, a Mayco electric 6, and some no-name 12 acoustic I wore out. Gave my last one to my son 14 yrs ago.

SanDiegoEmt7

Forum Captain
I love guitar! It's a great pass time and a nice way to relax.

I have a nice takamine acoustic-electric, and then a shecter C1. Unfortunately the electric guitar is gathering some dust since I sold my marshall half stack last year.

8jimi8

CFRN
taught myself enough to be able to appreciate what I hear. Have a stack of music tabs that i told myself i'd learn when i'm too old to want to fly in a helicopter

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a classical variety and a six string fender. Love classical and western music.

mcdonl

Forum Captain
Well, I have been in Health Care IT for many years, and I know a lot of MD's, Scientist and IT people who are also musicians... I am pretty sure studies have been done, and that the same type of thought patterns are used.

EMS49393

Forum Captain
I have a gorgeous black Epiphone. I choose a guitar based on how close the strings sit to the fret board. I have pretty tiny hands and often find my son's small guitar easier to play then my own.

I'm a huge Jack Bruce fan (and played bass in high school), but after play for twenty years, I can honestly say, I suck. I love it, but definitely not my talent.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Cheapo Samick acoustic, but my pride and joy is my Fender Tele, customized to 3 pickups. Lace Sensor light blue at the neck, silver in the middle, and the original tele bridge pickup. I have to do some body work to get that last lace sensor in for the bridge spot, it doesn't fit at the moment :rolleyes: She sure sounds sweet though. I'll get a pic up eventually.

frdude1000

Forum Captain
Yamaha $200 dollar crapo. But i love it!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Only guitar I know how to play is Guitar Hero. ;)

njff/emt

Forum Crew Member
I have a black Laguna with ernie ball slinky top/heavy bottom strings downtuned to C., My amp is a LINE6 Spider III 15w 8in speaker., It may be small but its loud as hell

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

Forum Captain
Cheapo Samick acoustic, but my pride and joy is my Fender Tele, customized to 3 pickups. Lace Sensor light blue at the neck, silver in the middle, and the original tele bridge pickup. I have to do some body work to get that last lace sensor in for the bridge spot, it doesn't fit at the moment :rolleyes: She sure sounds sweet though. I'll get a pic up eventually.

Very cool, I love telecasters. I'm not a huge country fan, but I still can't get enough of that bright, twangy sound.

Schecter omen-6, Ibanez acoustic-electric, line 6 spider 150.

Sounds like a great setup for a metal guitarist.

sq3hjfd

Forum Probie
Actually it sounds good all the way around, reggae, and classic rock. And that amp is super loud, I barely turn it over 1/4.

MSDeltaFlt

RRT/NRP
I have spent so much $$$ I could have already finished paying my mortgage. All of the instruments past and present:

Past:
Some no name acoustic (first)
Ovation Applause
No name strat
No name electirc
Takemine 12-string. God, I miss playing her.
Ibanez electric
Acoustic no name drums with remo heads and camber symbals.

Present:
G&L ASAT
Gibson Music maker
St Louis with f-holes and floating bridge and antique vibrato (gretch I believe)
Peavy Gen X Tele
Samick Woods acoustic with cutaway
Ibanez classical acoustic electric with cutaway
Johnson POS for slide
Old POS 4 string bass with frets filed down for fretless
Peavy 6 string bass
Dixon mandellin
No name violin
Antique silver one piece clarinet forgot the name
Unknown silver trumpet (can't play)
Couple of saprano saxes
Banjo
Yamaha classical guitar
Keyboard
Piano
Flute
Multiple keys of harmonicas

Peavy TNT bass amp
Peavy transtube 65W amp
Fender 30W broncho (antique)
Peavy effects processor
Boss effects processor
Voice box
Few microphones
antique Peavy 500W 8 channel sound board with Peavy SP15's

Everything but the Samick Woods, Ibanez classical, and the Johnson are collecting dust. Lately all I've been doing is going acoustic and writing.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Schecter omen-6, Ibanez acoustic-electric, line 6 spider 150.

I have the Spider III HD150... Absolutely love it.

Very cool, I love telecasters. I'm not a huge country fan, but I still can't get enough of that bright, twangy sound.

It's unique for sure, just wanted something a little smoother sounding for my blues ;) Those lace sensors are perfect.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
I actually studied classical guitar at the university level before getting into EMS. I also played in the jazz band in high school and college as well as local rock groups ranging from punk to metal to classic rock to prog (prog was, and continues to be, my favorite).

Ibanez RG series 6-string electric
Ibanez Artcore series hollow-body electric
Ibanez RG Series 7-string electric (formerly owned by the guitarist from Breaking Benjamin)
OLP John Petrucci 6-string electric signature model
Randall RG75 amp

Also used to own a few cheap-Os not worth mentioning.

I'm starting to get back into it now that I actually have some free time again. Not as good as I once was, but I can still hold my own in a jam session.

sq3hjfd

Forum Probie
Ibanez RG series 6-string electric
Ibanez Artcore series hollow-body electric
Ibanez RG Series 7-string electric (formerly owned by the guitarist from Breaking Benjamin)
OLP John Petrucci 6-string electric signature model
Randall RG75 amp

Also used to own a few cheap-Os not worth mentioning.

I'm starting to get back into it now that I actually have some free time again. Not as good as I once was, but I can still hold my own in a jam session.

Have I mentioned, I love Ibanez guitars. Those sweet wizard necks, nice and lite. Wish I had a S 470.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Have I mentioned, I love Ibanez guitars. Those sweet wizard necks, nice and lite. Wish I had a S 470.

I'm a total Ibanez geek. I love that you can get a full sound without playing a guitar that feels like a baseball bat with strings on it (read: Gibson).

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Playing at my friend's wedding today. Wish me luck.