fdny emt civil service exam

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I have my physical on Sunday and have to get a replacement emt card from the state. Is it a big deal that I won't have it for my physical?

I fear it might be. Do you have anything you could bring to show them? All they look at when you come is your cert.

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
I have a piece of paper from my on site saying I passed and it had my cert number on it but it says only temporary

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I have my physical on Sunday and have to get a replacement emt card from the state. Is it a big deal that I won't have it for my physical?

You MUST present an emt card. Or equivalent to your certification to show that you are in fact a current emt. Doesn't necessarily have to be from ny they will explain later during your investigation process everything

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
:) Just don't want you to get too excited lol. I am trying to control myself lol I am in the low 300s and have my medical on the 25th

EMTVeg, when did you take your physical? I did mine last Saturday, so I am trying to get an idea of the time frame between physical and medical. Thanks

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
i have white out on mine.. one of my jobs was out of order by mistake :/
They will not accept white out applications..... When you get there they give you a good hour to fill in everything or anything you missed....

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Do you guys think it's a good idea to just go down and pick another copy up before my appointment ?

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
That is up to you.

No. Just finish the rest of the application and when you get there, explain to them.you need an extra page for that specific section and they should.provide.you with a new one.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I had my medical appointment today. All went well. They said the next class will be in September so I am crossing my fingers I get in it.