Just waiting to see if I passed or not

List number36x
Exam #4004

Good luck to all

Bam

If you get no calls after a few weeks, 2 or 3, after your medical, you're fine

NYNJ

Forum Probie
So my EMT state exam is in november. If I apply to FDNY in november/december when do you think I can expect to hear from them? And how long until they call me would I start the academy? Is taking the civil exam required? One hasn't been out for EMTs in awhile. I'm new to the whole process to excuse my noobishness :)

Yes, it is required to take the civil service exam to get on the job. The filing period for the exam is (usually) every year in September. So if you got your state number in November/December, you'd have to wait until the following September to apply. Also, you should know that the exam isn't an actual test. They give you a score based on certifications and EMS experience. A NY EMT card gets you 70 points, and then extra credit is tacked on from there. For more info on what they award points for, check out the NOE from the last EMS exam. Here's the link: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/noes/201404004000.pdf

adamNYC

Forum Lieutenant
Well it is comforting to know that if I do get experience prior to FDNY it'll increase my score :) Thanks alot guys!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Well it is comforting to know that if I do get experience prior to FDNY it'll increase my score :) Thanks alot guys!

Only 911 or volunteer
Transport doesn't count

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
Happy Monday everyone!

I hope you guys are all enjoying the wait as much as I am! Does anyone know what happens if someone doesn't show up to the pre-academy things. Like getting uniforms. Do they get dropped? If they do, do they call the next person on the list or does the academy just start a person short? I am guessing that I am really close to the front of the list, and would love to make it into this class last minute.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Happy Monday everyone!

I hope you guys are all enjoying the wait as much as I am! Does anyone know what happens if someone doesn't show up to the pre-academy things. Like getting uniforms. Do they get dropped? If they do, do they call the next person on the list or does the academy just start a person short? I am guessing that I am really close to the front of the list, and would love to make it into this class last minute.

They call the next person, you can be called even two days before class starts

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys anyone hear if there still calling list # from 3024 for July class ???

Hey Kev,

I have not heard anything for myself or a few people I know still waiting in 3024. Of my friends, I have the lowest number at 1192. DCAS has yet to be updated properly and is still saying 849 was the last number called, so we can't even get a good estimate as to how far up the list they have gotten. Highest I can confirm is Phoppey getting called at 98X. Hopefully a few more calls will go out today and tomorrow. If not, were back to waiting and hoping the funding can stay up for the October class to get pushed through. Maybe October 6th for a class date?

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Are they moving quickly through the list relative to the years before? I dont get how if the 4004 exam had 1400 candidates and they are only up to ~#250; when they give the next cc exam in September, there will be so many #'s remaining from list 4004....

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
Hey Kev,

I have not heard anything for myself or a few people I know still waiting in 3024. Of my friends, I have the lowest number at 1192. DCAS has yet to be updated properly and is still saying 849 was the last number called, so we can't even get a good estimate as to how far up the list they have gotten. Highest I can confirm is Phoppey getting called at 98X. Hopefully a few more calls will go out today and tomorrow. If not, were back to waiting and hoping the funding can stay up for the October class to get pushed through. Maybe October 6th for a class date?

Hey brother I know I have friends in the 1100's waiting to and I keep calling Dcas my guess is they will finish with 3024 and start 4004 in 2015 Jan Class , and that's if there's a OCT class ive heard Funding may push it back as well , but 4004 gotta hold tight lol

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
Are they moving quickly through the list relative to the years before? I dont get how if the 4004 exam had 1400 candidates and they are only up to ~#250; when they give the next cc exam in September, there will be so many #'s remaining from list 4004....

It all matters if they get the funding for the classes idk I know what your saying though

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
It all matters if they get the funding for the classes idk I know what your saying though

For example-- list 3024 will be expired when list 4004 is up to ~#250.. Im saying that when the next exam comes in September 2014, will there will be way more candidates coming from both lists?

.. just hoping they push through the list as soon as possible! -_-

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
For example-- list 3024 will be expired when list 4004 is up to ~#250.. Im saying that when the next exam comes in September 2014, will there will be way more candidates coming from both lists?

.. just hoping they push through the list as soon as possible! -_-

I heard funding problems but with people from 4004, up to #300 we were done with everything a while back, they flew through the process, I'm guessing they beed people but in july class they had people from 3024, 2002 and I saw someone from like 3 years back, so this class is filled, me being 25X, I'm hopefully October, but there's a chance I'll be called for January, keep in mind, both classes may be pushed back

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
ugh

Who knows once you think you have a grabb on it , everything is up in the air if there's 1300 + people that took the 3024 exam and the highest # we have talked to is 987 who knows when there gonna get to 4004 , my friend who is on the 4004 told me his investigator told him he's got a good shot at OCt he's like in the 300's on 4004 , I told him he's out of his mind if they didn't even finish with 3024 and the class sizes are only about 100 people and now there's a new exam in sept. lol who knows when they call they call :rofl:

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Who knows once you think you have a grabb on it , everything is up in the air if there's 1300 + people that took the 3024 exam and the highest # we have talked to is 987 who knows when there gonna get to 4004 , my friend who is on the 4004 told me his investigator told him he's got a good shot at OCt he's like in the 300's on 4004 , I told him he's out of his mind if they didn't even finish with 3024 and the class sizes are only about 100 people and now there's a new exam in sept. lol who knows when they call they call :rofl:

Before they even talk about an academy for the exam given this September, that's an year away, they will deal with us before they deal with them, just like they will fibish 3024 before doing 4004

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
Yeahh I wish they would get to us all already , im so excited like all you just wish the waiting game wasn't so long so we can all start DOING lol

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Ya I can't imagine what its like for you guys... I'm waiting to file for the exam this september and I'm already ready to go!!