FDNY EMS Candidates

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Btw can you apply online or do you have to send and appliction by mail with all the related documents?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Btw can you apply online or do you have to send and appliction by mail with all the related documents?

That part is all done online, you bring documents when you have your intake interview

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone have any sort of information on the October class? I've heard it might be pushed back a month, others say it will be in October, bunch of rumors

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
Hey all.

I guess its safe to say, that the last minute call isn't coming for me! Back to waiting a few more months. I wish there was a set answer on if the October class was going to be put in, but it is too soon to tell. Hopefully by the first week in September, they will have the finances figured out and we will get a yes or no.

For the guys that are in the academy starting today, I wish you all the best of luck. Stop in once in a while and let us know how its going!

Greg N.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Hopefully you guys make it into the Oct class... I dont think it will get pushed back.. I talked with one of the top fdny recruiters a couple months back and they told me it was possible they would hold the 2014 EMT exam in july because they needed people-- so i cant imagine classes would be delayed

Kevfd3635

Forum Crew Member
Whats up brothers

Whats up guys good luck to who ever started today and im hearing to that they will have the OCT class im praying they finish the 3024 exam !!!!

Exam- 3024
List # - 12XX

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
just sent in paper work to be put back on the ems list 3024 (#>700) and 4004 (#>400).

i should of been hired already but i postponed everything to finish college. if i pass all the steps would they hire me off the 3024 list (would it expire ) or make me wait for the 4004 list. the earliest i can go into an academy is January.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
just sent in paper work to be put back on the ems list 3024 (#>700) and 4004 (#>400).

i should of been hired already but i postponed everything to finish college. if i pass all the steps would they hire me off the 3024 list (would it expire ) or make me wait for the 4004 list. the earliest i can go into an academy is January.

I'm guessing 3024. How were you able to postpone and then resume?

centrals

Forum Probie
How long after the psych did you guys get your medical letter? I'll be out of town 2 separate weeks in August, hoping it doesn't interfere with the medical

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
How long after the psych did you guys get your medical letter? I'll be out of town 2 separate weeks in August, hoping it doesn't interfere with the medical

Some people did it same day I believe, some few days apart, some had to wait a few weeks, depends on your #

Look at my signature

IFR

Forum Crew Member
New to this forum. I was recently restored to list 3024. Was offered the job back on September of 2013, but had to decline for financial reasons. My physical agility and medical are expired. I'm just waiting to be rescheduled for those two parts of the process, then hoping for the October class.

Anyone been scheduled for a physical agility or medical in the next month or so?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
New to this forum. I was recently restored to list 3024. Was offered the job back on September of 2013, but had to decline for financial reasons. My physical agility and medical are expired. I'm just waiting to be rescheduled for those two parts of the process, then hoping for the October class.

Anyone been scheduled for a physical agility or medical in the next month or so?

Welcome to the forum.
You'll find answers to almost all questions
I'm sure someone will come along and answer your questions

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
How much do they dip in to the old exam lists for academies? do they take 50/50 from both lists?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
How much do they dip in to the old exam lists for academies? do they take 50/50 from both lists?

They finish one before starting the other

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
wow... when do you think they will be done with the 2013 exam list?

The list is valid for a few more years but they should finish in a year or so

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
The list is valid for a few more years but they should finish in a year or so

Ya i hope it doesnt even take that long... im praying to get in the emt academy before the next firefighter exam in 2015/2016- i should score an 80 and hopefully get list #200 or so--- My chances?? Maybe I have a 10% chance that will happen???

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Ya i hope it doesnt even take that long... im praying to get in the emt academy before the next firefighter exam in 2015/2016- i should score an 80 and hopefully get list #200 or so--- My chances?? Maybe I have a 10% chance that will happen???

I scored 80 and have 25X and I'm in line for next academy, the july academy that just went in was fdny finishing up with 3024 and they will begin with 4004 with the October academy, October will have a few 3024 people so with me and other people around mid 200s we might be looking at January academy, could be October, depending on how many people before me failed, dropped out, got dq'd which I heard was a lot.

There are many people like you, especially from long island, who have no interest in ems and are taking the back door to become a firefighter, people like you take up space, which is why it takes so long, I mean just 800 people got promoted to ff, so imagine tjat many less people on 3024 or 4004, we'd be in quickly. I'm not the one to say anything but a lot of people frown upon. Ems is my life, been doing it for a while and would love to continue in the fd, but I hate the fact that people who are in it only to become a ff, get in before me. It shows with patient care.

To answer your question, you may/may not miss the promotional, depending when it is given and if there are any budget cutbacks that will affect when you are hired.

Best of luck to you