FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I had to fax in a re-written statement and my Social Security Card. I was kind of hesitant on faxing my SSCard in. But I faxed it in at 6pm and called the next morning to make sure she got it, super easy once I figure out how to actually fax something :rofl:. Don't forget to use a cover letter when faxing, I just took one from my fire department and cut off the department info.

What's a fax?

Kidding..sort of

Thanks a lot, that helped me, hopefully they don't say anything about faxing a notorized letter.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
What's a fax?

Kidding..sort of

Thanks a lot, that helped me, hopefully they don't say anything about faxing a notorized letter.

The letter I had to fax was motorized and that's what they wanted me to do.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
The letter I had to fax was motorized and that's what they wanted me to do.

They said 10 days on the paper right?
My investigator said get it within 90 days lmao, anyway it'll take a week to get my mta disposition, I jumped a turnstile like 5 years ago lmao

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
They said 10 days on the paper right?
My investigator said get it within 90 days lmao, anyway it'll take a week to get my mta disposition, I jumped a turnstile like 5 years ago lmao

Yeah mine said within 10 days, I had to wait for my sscard to come in and that took about a week as well

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yeah mine said within 10 days, I had to wait for my sscard to come in and that took about a week as well

I'm glad it doesn't seem like they'll give you too much trouble over it. Thank God haha

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
here i am all scared they're going to skip over me because i havent gotten to mail out my statements yet lol. Just hoping the detailed earnings doesnt hold me up. you think it will? havent been able to get down to the city to get it.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
here i am all scared they're going to skip over me because i havent gotten to mail out my statements yet lol. Just hoping the detailed earnings doesnt hold me up. you think it will? havent been able to get down to the city to get it.

Go down and get it, either at forest hills or in flatbush, the one in flatbush, I was done in 30 minutes, and I went during the mid day. Do your best bro, you don't want to wait and apply next year

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant

Did you call and explain to them what's going on? I would be pretty upset if I got skipped over too. When I went to the office near me it took longer to ride the elevator up than it did to wait and get my statement.

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Hey Everyone

Got my appt today at 12:00 with Investigator

Hope i got everything they need

Bam5

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Hey Everyone

Got my appt today at 12:00 with Investigator

Hope i got everything they need

Bam5

Good luck man! If you don't have everything they give you 2 weeks to get it turned in. But bring more than you think you will need.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Did you call and explain to them what's going on? I would be pretty upset if I got skipped over too. When I went to the office near me it took longer to ride the elevator up than it did to wait and get my statement.

Which location was that? $102?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Way up where I live=\

My investigator just told me yesterday you can walk in and get it from the office on pierre pont right across from metro tech. thats what im going to do. he made an appointment the day of my medical so i can go to my medical, go to social security, then back across the street for 3.

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
My investigator just told me yesterday you can walk in and get it from the office on pierre pont right across from metro tech. thats what im going to do. he made an appointment the day of my medical so i can go to my medical, go to social security, then back across the street for 3.

Nice! Sounds like your in investigator is pretty cool. Sucks your medical is 2 days before the psych =\ you have a whole day to explore the city!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Nice! Sounds like your in investigator is pretty cool. Sucks your medical is 2 days before the psych =\ you have a whole day to explore the city!

I agree. My investigator seems like a Douche, hopefully he still does my paperwork and I pass, that's all I care about

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone know if fdny calls each employer and ask how I am as an employee?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know if fdny calls each employer and ask how I am as an employee?

i believe they send out letters to all your employers

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Hey Stitch, with your medical form when you put yes for something do you have the paperwork for the procedure or whatever? I had a couple yes' on there but I'm not sure I can get the paperwork. Not sure if I HAVE to bring the paperwork with me.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Hey Stitch, with your medical form when you put yes for something do you have the paperwork for the procedure or whatever? I had a couple yes' on there but I'm not sure I can get the paperwork. Not sure if I HAVE to bring the paperwork with me.

I had a couple of yes's too, but i just wrote a description of what it was. I didnt have any surgeries. I do know that the forms said "if available". I'd say if you cant get it see about calling before your medical to check if they really are needed. I got all the paperwork it asked for (TB, Med notes, and Vaccs) just to be safe. But keep trying to get them anyway just incase.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant

Im going to drive down Wed, then home then back down Sat lol. I cant afford to spend the extra day in the city. Really wish i could lol, would be nice.