FDNY EMS Candidates

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
I just faxed the missing Documents to the investigator. hopefully He gets it and I will call him later

Yeah I would give him a call later to double check. I leave tomorrow for my medical and psych! It's getting close!!

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
DFD338

Just curious are you doing med and psych the same day ??

Bam5
Exam 4004
List 3XX

No, two separate visits, psych is usually first

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Any idea when people in the 2xx range might get their psych and medical letters? I'm hoping in a month or so, I had my intake last week and spoke with my investigator, it seems like I passed.

In what number range are people doing their psych and medicals? I know some people here got called

Thank you

medic308

Forum Crew Member
Any idea when people in the 2xx range might get their psych and medical letters? I'm hoping in a month or so, I had my intake last week and spoke with my investigator, it seems like I passed.

In what number range are people doing their psych and medicals? I know some people here got called

Thank you

20x here and my psych is tomorrow and medical is on Tuesday.

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
Ok so what do we think? the class that is in right now should be done at the end of this month? So any roomers yet will the next class be June? July? ....

We finish up late June.

Oh and good luck to who ever is taking the physical today . We had to set the room up last night.

antz181

Forum Ride Along
FDNY EMS test

hey guys i know the test is in september and i was wondering if its a computer based test that i could do at home on my computer or if i have to go in to take it? Im going to be out of state for a few months one of those months being that one and a friend told me its all online. Is this true? thanks guys

Drax

Forum Captain
What is the starting pay for EMS FDNY?

-Disregard, found a source.

Last edited by a moderator:

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
hey guys i know the test is in september and i was wondering if its a computer based test that i could do at home on my computer or if i have to go in to take it? Im going to be out of state for a few months one of those months being that one and a friend told me its all online. Is this true? thanks guys

It's resume based that you fax, mail or email in, I forgot which one maybe any of them. So all you have to do is send in your resume and you get points for certain certs. Like having evoc or hazmat tech/ops, etc.

And for pay it starts at $31,931 for basic and $43,690 for medic.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
It's resume based that you fax, mail or email in, I forgot which one maybe any of them. So all you have to do is send in your resume and you get points for certain certs. Like having evoc or hazmat tech/ops, etc.

And for pay it starts at $31,931 for basic and $43,690 for medic.

Since when? You don't send anything in, just fill out a quiestionare

Joulez91

Forum Ride Along
Does any one from the May 16 & 17 medical and psych test know how we are getting out test results and when ? Stitch or DFD did you ask?

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
Does any one from the May 16 & 17 medical and psych test know how we are getting out test results and when ? Stitch or DFD did you ask?

I know it's not the same step but I got my agility results a week ago and they said they would contact me with intake date. No letter as of today I'm just wondering how long the wait usually is to get your intake letter ( took my agility may 10th)

novusaera

Forum Ride Along
list # : 7xx - pat on may 31st

I'm in the military, and I have to attend a 3 week course in June.

Since my PAT is on may 31st, I should expect to have the other parts of this process take place in june as well, correct?

1. How would I notify FDNY of my mandatory training and reschedule the remaining steps?

2. Also, I start paramedic school in the fall, 2 days per week from 9a to 5p. Is it possible to attend the academy during paramedic school? I've read that there are night academies, can anyone confirm the times that they meet? And is it a 5 days per week academy?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
list # : 7xx - pat on may 31st

I'm in the military, and I have to attend a 3 week course in June.

Since my PAT is on may 31st, I should expect to have the other parts of this process take place in june as well, correct?

1. How would I notify FDNY of my mandatory training and reschedule the remaining steps?

2. Also, I start paramedic school in the fall, 2 days per week from 9a to 5p. Is it possible to attend the academy during paramedic school? I've read that there are night academies, can anyone confirm the times that they meet? And is it a 5 days per week academy?

You'll probably wait longer for other parts of your process due to having a high number. You norify them by mail or calling 718 999 FDNY

They offer you both day and night, but if everyone one takes night, b which they usually do, you'll only be left with day, I was going to do the same but I figured I'll save 10 K by doing the paramedic program through FDNY

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
You'll probably wait longer for other parts of your process due to having a high number. You norify them by mail or calling 718 999 FDNY

They offer you both day and night, but if everyone one takes night, b which they usually do, you'll only be left with day, I was going to do the same but I figured I'll save 10 K by doing the paramedic program through FDNY

That's one thing I can't decide. If I want tour 2 or tour 3 class

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
I'd go with night, hate waking up early

I don't mind waking up early but I think it'd be nice to sleep.

My friend in the academy now said during the morning class is where all the bosses and stuff are around but for tour 3 they aren't. the morning class you sit through classes all day and the last 2 hours it pt. but the night you show up in pt uniform and do pt for the first 2 hours and then you get to shower and change into the uniform for class.

novusaera

Forum Ride Along

Do you know what the hours are for the night class?

The salary difference wouldn't make up for that 10k?