FDNY EMS Candidates

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Im going to drive down Wed, then home then back down Sat lol. I cant afford to spend the extra day in the city. Really wish i could lol, would be nice.

I had my TB test a few months ago, I can get that note hopefully before I head down. I had broken my wrist and had pneumonia both about 10-12 years ago, and my tonsils taken out almost 20 years ago. Not sure if I can get any of the paperwork for those now. Jesus that's a lot of driving to do, and that sucks big time. Good thing I have a friend down there that's going to let me crash at his place for a couple days.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
I had my TB test a few months ago, I can get that note hopefully before I head down. I had broken my wrist and had pneumonia both about 10-12 years ago, and my tonsils taken out almost 20 years ago. Not sure if I can get any of the paperwork for those now. Jesus that's a lot of driving to do, and that sucks big time. Good thing I have a friend down there that's going to let me crash at his place for a couple days.

lucky! lol. I broke my wrist in middle school, ankle too a seperate time. IDK if i can track those records down or not. The pedi i used to go to shut down many years ago and i dont know where the recoeds went. Once you turn 18 they dont even need to keep those records. only imunizations by law. everything else gets shredded. so it would be hell to get those any way. other than asthma and allergies im good to go. got notes fo those meds and have never had a problem with them. Not to mention out of the entire dept i cant be the only person with asthma who has ever applied lol

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
lucky! lol. I broke my wrist in middle school, ankle too a seperate time. IDK if i can track those records down or not. The pedi i used to go to shut down many years ago and i dont know where the recoeds went. Once you turn 18 they dont even need to keep those records. only imunizations by law. everything else gets shredded. so it would be hell to get those any way. other than asthma and allergies im good to go. got notes fo those meds and have never had a problem with them. Not to mention out of the entire dept i cant be the only person with asthma who has ever applied lol

if There's no record of it, is it worth mentioning, and it would be hard, even for fdny to request medical records due to hippa and patient confidentiality laws?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
if There's no record of it, is it worth mentioning, and it would be hard, even for fdny to request medical records due to hippa and patient confidentiality laws?

shouldnt be hard for them if you sign a release of medical records with them as the recipeint. If theres no record of it i wouldnt worry.... depending on what it is that is. If you broke your toe or finger and didnt go to the ED then id see that as being ok. If you amputated your arm at the elbow and sewed it back on yourself you might want to let them know lol. not to mention they're going to start their own medical record for you on the day anyway.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Do you guys think it's worth mentioning I had a cyst removed by a privatr doctor? I did use health plus insurance to pay for it

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Do you guys think it's worth mentioning I had a cyst removed by a privatr doctor? I did use health plus insurance to pay for it

sure! why the hell not?!

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
shouldnt be hard for them if you sign a release of medical records with them as the recipeint. If theres no record of it i wouldnt worry.... depending on what it is that is. If you broke your toe or finger and didnt go to the ED then id see that as being ok. If you amputated your arm at the elbow and sewed it back on yourself you might want to let them know lol. not to mention they're going to start their own medical record for you on the day anyway.

I just don't want to **** myself over. If I say nothing happened and they look into it I'm screwed and get dq'd. Or I tell them and hope they don't ask for the paperwork if I can't get ahold of it. I would assume they are pretty understanding with that. I'll just get what I can and hope for the best.

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
Just took my physical today at 2pm. Got my intake paperwork and have to call Tuesday for the results and to schedule my appointment with my investigator !

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
When filling out the intake packet, under employment history what if I can't get all the exact days I started and ended employment but know the months and year ?

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Hey Everyone

Did my intake on 05/07/14

Didnt know you can't use white-out on the application
had to re-do the whole employment section.

Also you must put all you employment since high school

follow the S.S earning report

Bam5

Exam 4004
list # 3XX
intake 05/07/14

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Hey Curryb15

I went to Jamacia office

It took 45 min not too bad

I suggest make a copy of the application

Both sides the pages are numbered just in case

Bam5

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
When filling out the intake packet, under employment history what if I can't get all the exact days I started and ended employment but know the months and year ?

I just guessed on the day of the month. Mostly putting like the 15th of the month and that worked for me. Just as long as you know the month and year you should be alright

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
Just found out I passed the agility. They said to complete the packet and they will contact me. Any guesses on how long it will take to hear back? And will it be by phone or letter ?

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
Just found out I passed the agility. They said to complete the packet and they will contact me. Any guesses on how long it will take to hear back? And will it be by phone or letter ?

Tip with the packet read the whole thing twice and make your self a copy before you fill it out and start getting your documents together

You will get a letter for the intake and after you are done with that you will get a letter for the phyc and than the medical.

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
It will be a a few weeks the name of the game is hurry up and wait.... you have to act fact when they want something but for the most part you are just waiting.... i applied in September 2012 test 3024 in November 2013 did my Physical Agility..My intake was end of Jan 2014 ... Psychological test was beginning of February 2014 and and Medical was end of February ... So I am all set i am still waiting for the call for the academy maybe July .. i have a high # 92* the lower your list # the quicker it goes....good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if I have a shot at July. That's what I've heard but I think the last list # in the current academy ended around 850. With 1,313 on list 3024 that would leave 600+ candidates ahead of me, of course some have fallen out of the process one way or another but I don't think that many have. Seems like the process is moving faster for 4004 or maybe because my list number is lower I was scheduled for everything almost back to back in the event they exhaust 3024 somehow. <_<

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
I wonder if I have a shot at July. That's what I've heard but I think the last list # in the current academy ended around 850. With 1,313 on list 3024 that would leave 600+ candidates ahead of me, of course some have fallen out of the process one way or another but I don't think that many have. Seems like the process is moving faster for 4004 or maybe because my list number is lower I was scheduled for everything almost back to back in the event they exhaust 3024 somehow. <_<

What have you completed so far?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I just faxed the missing Documents to the investigator. hopefully He gets it and I will call him later