FDNY EMS Candidates

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Whats intake consist of?

You turn in the paper forms they give you at the physical agility test. They ask you and clarifying questions about that stuff. They finger print you and that is it.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
You turn in the paper forms they give you at the physical agility test. They ask you and clarifying questions about that stuff. They finger print you and that is it.
Not as bad as what I'm being told..... gonna have to kick some asses now...

papasmurf

Forum Ride Along
I am so glad I found this forum. I have been looking for information and feeling very in the dark about the process. I am in the low 200's on the 4004 test. I have a questions about the Stair Master Test hoping someone who has already done it can chime in.

What level is the Stairmaster set at? how many floors per min?

Thanks in advance

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
I am so glad I found this forum. I have been looking for information and feeling very in the dark about the process. I am in the low 200's on the 4004 test. I have a questions about the Stair Master Test hoping someone who has already done it can chime in.

Thanks in advance

they start you at lvl 1 and you end on lvl 6. it automatically increases every 30 seconds or so. feels alot like walking in sand so if you can find a sandy hill to work with thats good. Obviously best is to get on a stairmaster with a vest. If you havent done it before you need to be prepared to possibly fail. you dont know how hard it can be until you do it. If you've been in ems a while lugging things up and down stairs, carrying patients it shouldnt be a problem. But if your just jumping into it and never been on a stairmaster or had to deal with that weighht multiple times it can be tricky. 40lbs doesnt seem like much until you carry it for a straight 3:30 without stopping. Your legs might turn into noodles or you might get cramps. Prep as fast as possible. PM me if you have any other questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

papasmurf

Forum Ride Along
Thanks for the quick response.

I have spent a good amount of time on the stair master over the years. It use to be punishment for being late for football practice in High school. I was more curious than anything on the level. 6 seems very manageable especially if it is working up to it. Although I think I will start adding some weight when I practice.

My biggest problem for me will be my size 13 feet tend to get caught up on the machine. I have to walk duck legged

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Thanks for the quick response.

I have spent a good amount of time on the stair master over the years. It use to be punishment for being late for football practice in High school. I was more curious than anything on the level. 6 seems very manageable especially if it is working up to it. Although I think I will start adding some weight when I practice.

My biggest problem for me will be my size 13 feet tend to get caught up on the machine. I have to walk duck legged

Alot of people trip up. I do sometimes and im a 9 1/2 lol. Just don't focus on it and you'll do fine. Sing a song

phoppey

Forum Crew Member

Thanks in advance

The stairmaster stays at 60 steps per min for 3 minutes or so

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

Thanks in advance

Hey bro, what time is your physical?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
That's great, and hey, the earlier you get, the more you can nap haha. Just don't forget to set the alarm :rofl:

Odd questipn, but how long does it take to get to the fort from your house by car?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Odd questipn, but how long does it take to get to the fort from your house by car?

I live by barclay center in brooklyn
2 hrs train
50 minutes by car

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I don't have a scheduled physical yet. Just preparing in advance.

Your other post said you were low 200s on exam 4004.

You were supposed to have gotten your letter with a physical the end of the month

Call them up and ask them

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant

papasmurf

Forum Ride Along
IDK if you should call dcas or fdny recruiting. recruiting is 718-999-fdny i believe

I will try recruiting tmrw maybe they will forward me to the right number. Although they can be less than helpful from past experiences. What date are ou guys scheduled for your PE