FDNY EMS Candidates

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I literally have no idea whats going on anymore, #479, took my physical agility & drug test, havent heard anything in months, hopefully hear something soon

Expect a letter once they start the Sept class the 23rd. They want to get this class up and going and once they are in, then they continue with the candidate process again

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
I'm not sure how I missed the listing on DCAS site before, but yep there it is now. I will probably go to Joralemon next week and file.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Congratulations, how long did the whole process take since filling?

Depends on how fast they want to push you through. .. I did the whole process in 2 months. . Some people are waiting 5 months just for the next letter. It all depends

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
I literally have no idea whats going on anymore, #479, took my physical agility & drug test, havent heard anything in months, hopefully hear something soon
Eddie, I'm in the 460's and still have only done physical. As JPat said, I think once they get this test underway, we should hear about our investigations.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
The medic class is pretty much completely separate - the only thing that's shared is the graduation and possibly the mayday drill at Randall's Island.
Don't rely on 2 weeks notice. I was called three days before my class.

Did that seem to be what happened with most people? I am just gonna feel bad if I can't give proper notice to my current employer.

dontis312

Forum Ride Along
wait times

Does anyone know a reasonable time period we have before they will begin moving through list 4004? I will be on it and hope within a year to be in the academy which maybe be wishful thinking

Crackcicle

Forum Crew Member
Did that seem to be what happened with most people? I am just gonna feel bad if I can't give proper notice to my current employer.

They aren't necessarily the most efficient people. Some people got a week others have gotten a day. I got my letter in the middle of my first week of class

Gon8822

Forum Probie
Does anyone know a reasonable time period we have before they will begin moving through list 4004? I will be on it and hope within a year to be in the academy which maybe be wishful thinking

they have a diffrence exam # every year and i am not sure will they each start a new list..

From Exam# 3025 (Sept 2012 file) i know ppl have list # up to 1200.
but they just start calling ppl in the 70's. (they will take 150 ppl each time)

the academy is 10 wk, so they might be able to take in 800~1000 list # every year.. so i think if u able to score high in the filing. u can have a good score.

check out page 3 for scoring info. ^_^
CLICK ME ^_^

phoppey

Forum Crew Member

I applied September 2012 and I haven't even had my physical yet.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Incase anyone was wondering they just posted the next list open till 9/24/2013. Exam Number 4004 and 4005

EmtMacho

Forum Crew Member
Should I reapply,I had to reschedule my physical due to a surgery.FDNY called me and said I will be tested in Sept and should receive a letter but I've gotten nothing.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Welp.... todays another day..... keeping fingers crossed for phone calls soon!

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Should I reapply,I had to reschedule my physical due to a surgery.FDNY called me and said I will be tested in Sept and should receive a letter but I've gotten nothing.

It never hurts to reapply. Better safe than sorry I always say lol

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
they have a diffrence exam # every year and i am not sure will they each start a new list..

From Exam# 3025 (Sept 2012 file) i know ppl have list # up to 1200.
but they just start calling ppl in the 70's. (they will take 150 ppl each time)

the academy is 10 wk, so they might be able to take in 800~1000 list # every year.. so i think if u able to score high in the filing. u can have a good score.

check out page 3 for scoring info. ^_^
CLICK ME ^_^

How do you know they started calling people in the 70s?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
So I keep calling DCAS in hopes to hear something different. Everyday that I call it says im on the list for the exam and I am not on an outstanding certification. Now TODAY I called dcas and all of a sudden the automated person tells me im currently on outstanding certification. I got so nervous that I checked into what it means and it means they just opened up the next group for calling and if your on outstanding certification when you call, tbis means your number is in the next group for the class to go in September 23rd. The number is (212) 669-1357. Maybe they just opened up the next group for calling today and we will all get our calls tomorrow?