Favorite Pranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TheLocalMedic

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
For all that say pranks are harmless tell that to the family of this nurse.

You never know what can cause some one to reach the breaking point. Your "harmless" prank may be it. Suck to have to live with knowing your minute of laughter would be last thing in that persons mind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Sigh... Yes, that was a mean one, but most pranks are harmless and fun at work. If you don't want to play, then don't, but take your soap box elsewhere. :p

medic417

The Truth Provider
Actually that was not a mean prank. it did no physical harm. It delayed no patient care. Yet it led to death. Many of the idiotic things posted can lead to immediate harm to the person involved or to the patient that care is delayed for. Then even just verbal games designed to annoy patients for points WOW unprofessional and if a patient brought that to my attention it would be immediate termination.

OP
OP
TheLocalMedic

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Don't be a wet blanket. Take your soap box elsewhere. If you can't handle a prank or take a joke, then don't. Go read another post and quit messing with this one.

On that note... The "I concur" game is fun. When asking questions or taking vitals, ask if your partner concurs frequently.

"His pressure is 120/80, do you concur?"

"I concur. I am about to administer nitro, do you concur?"

"I concur wholeheartedly!"

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
I think one of the biggest things to remember is that pranks should be a two way street. If I'm going to prank someone I start off with something small. If they reciprocate later on, then it's on. If they don't, its over.

Constantly pranking someone that doesn't enjoy it or reciprocate is rude, childish, and can be dangerous. There's a fine line between pranking and harassing.

Be responsible.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
For all that say pranks are harmless tell that to the family of this nurse.

You never know what can cause some one to reach the breaking point. Your "harmless" prank may be it. Suck to have to live with knowing your minute of laughter would be last thing in that persons mind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

If you live your life thinking "gosh this could be the last thing someone thinks about before taking their own life," life would get pretty tough.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Your partner falls asleep while you are driving, pull up behind a semi towing another semi backwards and then scream. They tend to think the semi is heading towards you and will also scream.

When we get a code 3 call and my partner isn't paying attention ill roll down the passenger window and then hit the siren.

OP
OP
TheLocalMedic

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
I enjoy flipping the on the sirens in all the ambulances parked in the app bay so they go off when the engine is turned on.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I enjoy flipping the on the sirens in all the ambulances parked in the app bay so they go off when the engine is turned on.

That gets me every time! Lol

Ace 227

Forum Lieutenant
I have a few that I'll use depending on who my partner is. If we are clearing from the hospital and another one of our units is there we'll usually switch the radio mics(we have one for county dispatch and one for company dispatch), turn on the siren, and put surgi-lube on the door handles. The best part is listening to the other crew clear themselves over the wrong radio frequency lol

OP
OP
TheLocalMedic

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
That's pretty funny. Sometimes I'll grab the mike and start screaming obscenities at dispatch (without depressing the talk button) for sending us on a call. The shocked look on my partner's face is always worth it!

MediMike

Forum Lieutenant
Switch the box spring and the mattress in the bed. Trust me, when a 200lb man throws himself down onto the bed at night he'll realize it mighty quick haha.

Retaliation was taking every dish and piece of cutlery and spreading them throughout every flat surface in the station...

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Takes a little setup, but I like the one where you get a bag of expired saline and an expired dripset and set the bag in front of one of their tires (preferably on their pov). You then run the tubing up under their dash. If you stick an 18 or 16 gauge cath on the end and point it at where their crotch will be, when they drive forward they will get blasted.

Put a zip-tie around their dive shaft (again, on the pov) so when they dive it slaps the floor board and makes a racket. Just be careful it won't tear anything up.

OP
OP
TheLocalMedic

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Takes a little setup, but I like the one where you get a bag of expired saline and an expired dripset and set the bag in front of one of their tires (preferably on their pov). You then run the tubing up under their dash. If you stick an 18 or 16 gauge cath on the end and point it at where their crotch will be, when they drive forward they will get blasted.

Put a zip-tie around their dive shaft (again, on the pov) so when they dive it slaps the floor board and makes a racket. Just be careful it won't tear anything up.

Well done. I also like the one where you place a bag of saline under the seat with the tubing wrapped around to the back of the headrest so that when they sit down they get a blast down the back of the neck.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Gotta go with the classic shock pen, of course. I bought one for like $15 that delivered a really strong shock, kind of actually hurt. Someone asked to borrow it in class one time, I gave it to them, it shocked them. She got so scared she threw it straight up in the air and it got stuck in the ceiling point first... I went on a ride along with one of my friends and there was a non-priority pt and I let him use it. Pt and the rest of the fire crew got a kick out of it... Him, not so much.
I only prank people that will prank back, though. If they'll get pissy, not worth it. I did a pretty bad one, they got me back by putting syrup of ipecac in my drink... I tasted it, but I drank it all, just to spite them. Ended up, not so great... They won that prank war.
Another thing I used to do in class. Take their back pack, take everything out, flip it inside out, put everything back in and ziptie the zippers on the inside as tight as you can get them.

Last edited by a moderator:

74restore

Forum Crew Member
I did a pretty bad one, they got me back by putting syrup of ipecac in my drink... I tasted it, but I drank it all, just to spite them. Ended up, not so great...

I'm still unsure of why anyone, prank or not, would willingly drink syrup of ipecac?

Achilles

Forum Moron
Any chem majors in here?:mellow:

Methylene blue:blink:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm still unsure of why anyone, prank or not, would willingly drink syrup of ipecac?

I concur. Better: He claims his friends won that prank battle.

I contest that once ipecac becomes involved, no one wins.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
wasn't aware of what they put in it. Just tasted a little off. I drank it all, because no one is making me waste one of my $7 starbucks... I only get those like once a month, ha.
I did get him back though, but I still think he won. I went out to his POV and jacked it up just so the rear tires weren't touching and he spent like 15 mins trying to figure out why he wasn't going anywhere. The next day, I took out all his seats and took his doors off the car and hid them in different class rooms around campus. Made sure I stayed with the car so no one took anything else, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.