Envision to unload AMR

MeatWagon

Forum Probie
No doubt about it now.

A snippet from Envision's '2017 first quarter financial results' press release today.

"These results reflect the reporting of Envision’s Medical Transportation segment as discontinued operations for the period, after the Board of Directors approved a plan to market that business, and eventually divest it, to prospective buyers."

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
No doubt about it now.

A snippet from Envision's '2017 first quarter financial results' press release today.

"These results reflect the reporting of Envision’s Medical Transportation segment as discontinued operations for the period, after the Board of Directors approved a plan to market that business, and eventually divest it, to prospective buyers."
I think we all saw that coming. Buying Rural Metro was one of the worse investments they could have ever made. The management at the local level is a shocker. You got one down in San Diego that went from ift emt of 6 months to District Manager lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow. This is big. Curious what the ramifications will be on wages...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
This was first announced around a month or 2
ago.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like I might have jumped that ship at a good time, I have no idea how to speak CEO.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Sounds like I might have jumped that ship at a good time, I have no idea how to speak CEO.

The organization will, in some form, survive. It is a big-enough brand name and organization that a substantial number of Americans depend on for their EMS coverage and it is profitable, albeit debt-ridden. The overall business of EMS isn't exactly super-profitable on the same scale as Envision would like to see, but AMR has likely obtained a size that could result in significant profit potential if they had competent leadership as a standard.

Unfortunately, AMR and its umbrella of companies is consistently mediocre and has not really realized the advantages that one would expect of a real national-level company. Sure, there's good/great AMRs, there's also hideously terrible AMRs; often within the same region. I expect that the majority of the network will remain intact, but that the low performers will be phased out and a few high-dollar, poorly-run operations like Houston may be sold off.

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
RocketMedic is pretty on point in that post.

It just depends on whether they sell off divisions of not I've heard some plausible to scandalous rumors on plans for our division, but all of them, except complete closure, depend on the individual sale of operations.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
RocketMedic is pretty on point in that post.

It just depends on whether they sell off divisions of not I've heard some plausible to scandalous rumors on plans for our division, but all of them, except complete closure, depend on the individual sale of operations.
Pacific? LOL

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Probably too cheap to relabel.

OP
OP
M

MeatWagon

Forum Probie
Buyouts magazine (5-16-2017)

"Envision Healthcare Corp.‘s process to divest its medical-transportation unit is advancing toward what could ultimately produce a deal worth well over $2 billion. First-round proposals for the Envision subsidiary known as AMR, or American Medical Response, were submitted last week"

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Rumors floating around that Ascension is buying AMR.

If true that means ill likely be back in an AMR uniform sooner than I would like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Ascension Health? That would be interesting. I know they're trying to acquire a lot of the mid-sized hospital market in places like Wichita Falls and Abilene.