Entertainment while posted, what's your preference?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Read, I'm in the middle of LOTR. Netflix, making my way through the Robin Hood series.
Find various lolz on the intarwebz.
Annoy my partner.
Push ups off the step at the back of the rig.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WoodyPN

Forum Crew Member
We don't post. Run out of our main station or a fire department substation.

At the station: Tv. workout, sleep. And joke around. We have it pretty good even though the sleep doesnt last much longer than 2 to 3 hr intervals if were lucky.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
2-3 hour intervals sound nice. We get dispatch paging us constantly to come 10-8 from a call so they can drop tones on us. I like it though. 12 hours of go go go makes the day go by fast.

Anjel

Forum Angel
2-3 hour intervals sound nice. We get dispatch paging us constantly to come 10-8 from a call so they can drop tones on us. I like it though. 12 hours of go go go makes the day go by fast.

Thats how its been for us. 8-9 calls in a 12 hr shift. Paged the.next call before we clear the last one.

Sasha

Forum Chief
My first call today was at 130 and we got on at 10. Sometimes we have a ton of free time. Naps are always an option.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

adamjh3

For some reason the sups have a problem with us napping... even on 72hr shifts :rolleyes:

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Sasha

Forum Chief
Thats ridiculous. If you answer the radio then who cares? We do whatever we want as long as we answer

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Dober317

Forum Probie
I'm with a campus-based EMS system that only works as first response, so we don't get posted anywhere but we do spend 12- and 16-hour shifts in the station.

When I'm not walking around campus, I've been working through a small library of Nintendo 64 games in the station. If I'm not doing that, I'm either on my laptop or sleeping; and I'll probably start bringing in my EMT book to re-read a few sections every now and again.

Hyperlight381 said:
Seeing as how my partner is usually asleep, i've found my old gameboy and been wrecking lives on that old thing, sleep, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia DVD's at the moment

I found my old Gameboy Color with a copy of Pokemon Silver still in it just a few days before I was going to leave for college :D

Last edited by a moderator:

adamjh3

More reading...

Attachments

• 2011-09-14_12-07-20_10.jpg
    2011-09-14_12-07-20_10.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 348

tssemt2010

Forum Lieutenant
thank goodness for smart phones, i usually end up playing games on my iphone if its during the day, if its at night, i will sleep

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
Today, I discovered the built-in WiFi hot spot feature in my iPhone. My laptop is now my bestfriend during long shifts.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I knew a guy in Corpus CHristi

He shot rats.:ph34r:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I dunno, there's a preety darned good example of wht to do to pass the time on the series premiere of "Trauma"

Lol, visit the hospitals for John Does who are dead, have sex int he back of the rig, drive around town wrecklessly, I love it!