Entertainment while posted, what's your preference?

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
As I sit here in my rig running out of dvd's to watch, I've gotta ask. What do you guys do while posting?? I need some new ideas!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Posting..whats that??

I never get to see a post these days.

When I do I sleep..or read.

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
After the fact, I totally just realized I put this in the wrong place. Any mod wanna move it?

OP
OP
IRIDEZX6R

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
haha theres been this problem lately where dispatch forgets about us, so we're left posted our entire shift.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
After the fact, I totally just realized I put this in the wrong place. Any mod wanna move it?

I don't see why; everything's got to be somewhere. In my mind it fits with "Did that just happen?" because I'm asking myself

DOESN'T ANYBODY TALK TO EACH OTHER ANYMORE?

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
I dunno, there's a preety darned good example of wht to do to pass the time on the series premiere of "Trauma"

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I really like what the inside of my eyelids look like. :-D

Other than that, talk to my partner. Maybe read some.

Yes firetender, we do still talk to each other. When I first started with one new partner, we hit it off so well that we have spent several nearly call-less 12 hour shifts in conversation pretty much the whole time. We were way down the response pyramid one night and spent nearly the entire night in the crew room at the dining table, talking. Every time the green crew came through, they'd be like: "You two clowns are STILL talking? I thought only women talked this much!" Lol! We are great friends still and aren't assigned together right now, but we fill in on each others crews when we can.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Watch netflix, read my nook. Currently reading an amazing book "auschwitz" posting time is why i got into twilight, lol.

Talk to partners? Theyre usually sleeping.

I have been known to throw gummy bears into their open snoring mouth.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I dunno, there's a preety darned good example of wht to do to pass the time on the series premiere of "Trauma"

+1 haha

Firetender we talk but some partners get grumpy if they want to do their own thing.

Read, study, study some more, play with my fancy phone, study some more, nap, eat.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I don't post anymore, I live the high life at the fire station.

We do the same stuff, though, only more work is involved. Sometimes I look back and prefer posting.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I don't post anymore, I live the high life at the fire station.

We do the same stuff, though, only more work is involved. Sometimes I look back and prefer posting.

You are crazy. I would prefer a nice bed to sleep in instead of the ambulance cab.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well, we're out of stations, so usually do our chores, then watch TV, play pool, read, or just talk to each other.

Sent from my mobile command center

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
You are crazy. I would prefer a nice bed to sleep in instead of the ambulance cab.

2 beds, right in the back. I've had some of the best naps of my life, right on that bench. Just wipe it down first, is all.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have seen how people neglect to clean those things in the back, no thanks! Try to scrub it down and the MRSA bites your hand!

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I have seen how people neglect to clean those things in the back, no thanks! Try to scrub it down and the MRSA bites your hand!

MRSA, schmrsa. I've had that for a decade. I brought a pillow and blanket from home, though.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Of course. But it normally doesn't growl at you when you open the saniwipes, does it? :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
2 beds, right in the back. I've had some of the best naps of my life, right on that bench. Just wipe it down first, is all.

On one of my rides for my Intermediate class I was sleeping on the bench at like 0330 and we got a call. Being in the back of the box, wanting to nap and having no real responsibility to pay attention to the radio I turned the volume way down on the speakers in the box.

Long story short, the crew thought it'd be funny to not wake me up, lit em up and responded, made a right turn out of the parking lot we were posted in and dumped me off the bench haha. Talk about going from sleep to A&Ox4 in a matter of 500 ms :rofl:

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
I read voraciously, but passerby have always provided the best entertainment when posted. It varies with time and location, and it's completely free!

Hyperlight381

Forum Ride Along
Seeing as how my partner is usually asleep, i've found my old gameboy and been wrecking lives on that old thing, sleep, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia DVD's at the moment