EMTLIfe v. 2007

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
If you're unwilling to give that respect, I'm confident that you'll find several alternative EMS forums out there that condone personal bickering and insults. We've never been one of them, and I don't see that changing in the future.

problem is Matt, one man's light banter is a moderators insult. taken an (easy) step from that point, one mans opinon is a moderators insult

want your web site to attract the Lions of the trade? , you'll need to put up with the growling.

Otherwise you'll just be keeping company with the Hyena's

don't think we haven't noticed...

~S~

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
problem is Matt, one man's light banter is a moderators insult. taken an (easy) step from that point, one mans opinon is a moderators insult

want your web site to attract the Lions of the trade? , you'll need to put up with the growling.

~S~

So who's opinion/judgement is a moderator supposed to use to do their job?

Or do you prefer a site that 90 percent of the posts are insults and attacks, with very little real discussion going on? If that's the case, there are several forums out there that cater to this type of posting...we're just not one of them.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
mabye a girl....of the month
EMT of the month - Difficult to choose

So I'll make it easy for you....it me....DUH!! :p :p :p

We sometimes struggle to meet the needs of all of our members.

No need to tell me that. I sure could use someone to come clean my house, do my laundry, walk my dog and take out the trash....at least til August when I finish Medic school....

THATS what I'd like to see in 2007....

Perhaps I should hire a rent-a-husband....

Anyway...Matt whatever you do, short of making me pay to be here, would be fine. But you know, I love you guys enough that I'd probaby pay to be here if you ended up requiring it.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Anyway...Matt whatever you do, short of making me pay to be here, would be fine. But you know, I love you guys enough that I'd probaby pay to be here if you ended up requiring it.

Good point. I'm sure a few of us would be glad to kick in a few bucks if you ever asked.

Anyway... I'm with Princess... things are pretty good the way they are.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo

~S~

So who's opinion/judgement is a moderator supposed to use to do their job?

Or do you prefer a site that 90 percent of the posts are insults and attacks, with very little real discussion going on? If that's the case, there are several forums out there that cater to this type of posting...we're just not one of them.

you tell me ffemt8978

i haven't openly insulted anyone here, yet keep getting PM's to 'tone it down'

i prefer real discussion, without the insults. However being the type A personalities we are, any indepth exchange is going to entail a little tag on personal views

and for you to claim that i might prefer a site that's 90% insults and attacks is not only diversive (i.e.~you obviously need to distract from what i'm trying to say, because you haven't a leg to stand on) it could well be seen as an insult to my (or anyone's) posting netiquette in of itself

now you've asked what we wanted here right? don't expect me to pull my punches answering , or fien some patronizing tone

what we do can be a a tough biz, and if you wish your forum to flouish you'll need to get used to the difficult issues being debated , or it'll simply die on the vine

think of that as tough ASCII

~S~

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
Just like I wouldn't pick up the PA and tell a dirty joke to the entire school, I wouldn't do the same via the community forum.

Gee, MMiz, why not? I kept doing that when I was one of the morning announcers in Jr. High. I got in a heap of trouble for it, but it was worth every minute of it :p B)

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
by golly i can't even find prisonmedic's thread complaining about moderator deletions this a.m.

the courtesy of a response would have been appreciated, but i suppose what we are seeing is there is no complaint department @ EMTLife

yet, we are being asked for suggestions...

such hypocricy

~S~

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
can we increase the number of posts that make up a page??? it gets hard to follow a discussion that explodes rapidly with 10 post making up a page. other forums i post on use anywhere for 25-50 and it makes things easier to follow along with

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
can we increase the number of posts that make up a page??? it gets hard to follow a discussion that explodes rapidly with 10 post making up a page. other forums i post on use anywhere for 25-50 and it makes things easier to follow along with

You can do this via your User CP (control panel).

1. Click on "User CP" in the upper left hand corner, just underneath the EMTLife logo.
  2. Then click on "Edit Options".
  3. Scroll down to about the middle and look for "Number of Posts to Show Per Page". You can choose 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 posts per page.
Chimp

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
well i guess you really do learn something new every day. thanks

EMSPlace

Forum Probie
I saw another forum (not EMS related) that had an MP3 feature so that you can listen to music while you looks at the forums, maybe that would work here?