EMTLIfe v. 2007

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
What would you like to see in the 2007 version of EMTLife.com?
  • Blogs?
  • Flash arcade games?
  • Premium memberships?
  • A new design?
  • Something else?
You make the wish, and Chimpie makes it happen!

fyrdog

Forum Lieutenant
How about allowing us to put our real name our public profile. It might stop idiots like peanut coming on the site to harass people.

David Prior
Firefighter East Hartford Fire Department Local 1548
Paramedic AMR Hartford and Enfield Divisions

m33kr0b

Forum Crew Member
mabye a girl, guy and rig of the month(tasteful of course).

Equipment reviews

Training Pieces

interviews

contests

Summit

Critical Crazy
I don't think much needs to change as far as site features/design/interface but if something must then I think m33kr0b has good ideas:
mabye a girl, guy and rig of the month(tasteful of course).

Equipment reviews

Training Pieces

interviews

contests

And screw real names. If I have to put up my real name. I'll drop this site so fast my avatar will spin. If a user wants their full name up, let them put it in their signature.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
You're more than welcome to put your full name in your signature, which appears in your personal profile. I would never require a user to provide his or her full name as public record, only because I would never post my full name on the forum. Keep the ideas coming :)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
You're more than welcome to put your full name in your signature, which appears in your personal profile. I would never require a user to provide his or her full name as public record, only because I would never post my full name on the forum. Keep the ideas coming :)

Don't blame you there...that's a lot of typing. ;)

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
EMT of the month

New equipment review section

A links section to great priced sites for equipment

contests ?

a facts page about emt stages and what this EMS thing is about for noobs

a homepage b4 the forums

Last edited by a moderator:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
EMT of the month - Difficult to choose

New equipment review section - Post em as you find them, provided they meet the advertising criteria

A links section to great priced sites for equipment - Post away in the Advertising section

contests ? - We've had a few before, maybe we will again.

a facts page about emt stages and what this EMS thing is about for noobs - Great idea, why don't you get started on it?

a homepage b4 the forums - Just curious as to why, since this is only a forum.

Keep them ideas coming...

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
sure ill put something together for the noobs (well im a noob to the forum but not forums and ems in general, LOL)

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
I like the idea of doing interviews of the members here.... would be a great way to get to know each other and our backgrounds.

Jo

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Please, for the love of god, no more farkin' blogs. The internet is already turning into one big useless blog and it has to stop somewhere. :p

I like the other ideas, though. Except the premium membership.. unless it came with bikini photos of other members. and no, not of DT4EMS. Gak! :p

Things here are going pretty good, methinks!

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
I really like the scenario threads. How about a folder for them?

m33kr0b

Forum Crew Member
if you guys were to do a blog it should only contain educational posts, I would say have dt4ems and ridrider911 go back and forth posting.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief

While i'm sure most here don't mind chat about the weather, their dog, the latest bad call etc, i would (and would hope others would also) be drawn some of the deeper debates that affect our trade...

but here's the rub, it can get serious in a heartbeat, and because we are all typically alpha males (or females) the level of discourse may require the moderator(s) tolerance

your call...

~S~

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Wow.

I like the idea of a "training" sub-fourm as well as a "Sceneri"o sub-forum.

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
From the 'We're in charge here, and watching you' thread ....

Please remember that it is up to the discretion of the Community Leaders

so why even ask what we like or dislike here?

~S~

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Because then it seems like a democracy... kind of like the USA ;)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
From the 'We're in charge here, and watching you' thread ....

so why even ask what we like or dislike here?

~S~

Because we can't think of everything. :p

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
duley noted

also noted is how all the heavily moderated BB's keep asking for posters and participation

~S~

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It's difficult to find a happy medium between a moderated forum and a free-for-all. We, like many forums, sometimes struggle to meet the needs of all of our members.

Unlike most forums, we don't generate any revenue. I like to believe that we sincerely try to create a community that people enjoy. I'd like to see people contribute, have fun, and find the community useful. This post was an attempt of asking what you would find useful. If I have an opportunity to better meet the needs of the community, I'd like to do that.

Over the years we've had contests, and I've even paid for google ads to draw in community members. Why do I do it? Because I'd like an active community with a diverse population. I don't think you'll see me paying for ads anytime soon, but you will see me continue to do my best to draw in new members.

I've been lousy as finding careers and jobs that make money. I worked in EMS, and now work in EMS while a public school teacher. This forum costs money, while making none, yet I still do it. Why? Because this is what I like doing. Fellow moderators are here for the same reason.

There are several other online EMS communities out there, and I sincerely hope that you take an opportunity to join each one. I believe that each offers something that others don't quite get. It has always been my goal that this community welcomes all members, and requires a certain level of respect. If you're unwilling to give that respect, I'm confident that you'll find several alternative EMS forums out there that condone personal bickering and insults. We've never been one of them, and I don't see that changing in the future.

Without you, the community members, our forum wouldn't exist. You truly have control over where this community goes, and as moderators it is our goal to help ensure the wellbeing of our members and community.

There are many things I share with my friends, family, and coworkers that I wouldn't dare posting to this community. When I share something with a select group, I try to make sure my contribution is appropriate for the group. When I post something to the internet, I do my best to ensure that the contribution is appropriate for our 1000+ members, my friends, family, employers, and anyone else who may happen to google my name. Just like I wouldn't pick up the PA and tell a dirty joke to the entire school, I wouldn't do the same via the community forum. We offer each member a PM (Private Message) feature that is available 24/7 for your use.

To end my ramble, it's hard to meet the needs of all of our members, but we are trying. If you have a suggestion, please post it. If you'd like to email the moderators privately, the contact us link at the bottom of the page will email all of us.

This community is powered by our 1000+ members, and I'm hopeful that as a community we can continue to grow and enjoy what the forum has to offer.