TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That 'training institution' has come up in threads in the past

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
ha nice. Thats crazy that people would actually believe that.

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
That ad was so ghetto it's not even funny! Any ad that uses exclamation points for emphasis throws up a huge red flag for me. Whenever I see that, I'm immediately turned off. Gotta love the asterik next to the $51,460, with no explanation whatsoever.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel
if you look at the very bottom of the ad there is some very light almost white writing. I highlighted it to read it and it was in a different language.

So google translated it for me and it's an article on the one child policy in China.

WTH?

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
if you look at the very bottom of the ad there is some very light almost white writing. I highlighted it to read it and it was in a different language.

So google translated it for me and it's an article on the one child policy in China.

WTH?

I see it. I think it's in French. That's bizarre!

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Maybe it's not such a bad deal. They say that we can choose to work at any fire station, police dept, etc. after completing the course. It must be awesome to choose where you want to work and automatically get the job, no hassles.

beandip4all

Forum Lieutenant
Flagged for removal!

Aww, I missed the fun.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Wow it was up just a few minutes ago. Man I hope I got my resume in in time :) seriously though it would take a lot more than 50k to get me to move to Detroit.

medic417

The Truth Provider
I can't believe people will work for so little money.

CoffeeInThatNebula

Forum Probie
51k isn't worth the perpetual murder attempts that the paramedic would probably experience there. It's like death and malicious wounding is a side effect of Detroit. I'll stay here thank you very much.

OP
OP
Anjel

Anjel

Forum Angel

tao

Forum Probie
I can't believe people will work for so little money.
A brand new medic would start at about $28K in my area. But medics also don't have to worry about being murdered on the way to work like Detroit, and typically run two 911 calls in a 24 hour period. Hence the $13.80 an hour.

To Sibera I go!

CoffeeInThatNebula

Forum Probie
Haha, and this time the secret text is Asian geography. Makes me want to head right to Siberia for a little dogsledding.

Bet with the lack of snow-ready ambulances that they probably use dogsleds instead. Wonder what kind of certification you would need to run on an Emergency Medical Dogsled...

rook901

Forum Crew Member
The whole random-article-in-foreign-language thing is a scammer's attempt to bypass Craigslist's system of blocking duplicate posts.

It's really aggravating to see all of these schools posting in the employment section. Even when it's a "legit" school (I use that term loosely with places like Concorde and ITT Tech), it's still a pain in the butt to click on a job ad and see it's a school recruiting scheme.

Uhhh.. if I'm looking for a job, chances are pretty good that I already have the credential that you're offering. Thanks, scammers!