EMT apps or books?

Fankango

Forum Ride Along
Hi, I have signed up to do a EMT class in Tucson Arizona, they have a fail 3 test and you are kicked out, 79% is a fail, I have never been the best at sitting with a book and learning from it but I really want to be the best in my class. I am wondering if there is any apps for my iPad that would be helpful, or any books/ websites that I can use to help me learn and be the best. Any recommendation would be welcome. Thank you. Nick

Anjel

Forum Angel
EMT review is a cool app on the iPad.

Also maybe listen to some podcasts. You can find a lot just by searching "EMT" or anatomy and physiology.

You really just need to read your book. Go over power points, and do all the assigned homework. You'll be fine. It's really not that hard of a subject to grasp. A lot of just basic first aid.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Agreed ^^, but id encourage good study skills over apps and cram tools... as has been said, this material isn't particularly complex, but sets some people aback-- it requires some memorization, and depending on the pace of the class, can be intense. I recommend finding out how you learn best (if its by reading, get your textbook early and read it several times, or read powerpoints, if its by listening and hearing, try to organize study groups within your class, if its by doing, try to maximize practical or lab days).

PlatapusSupper

Forum Ride Along
I've found apps are a good way to supplement books, but should not be solely relied upon. The books often have much more accurate and thorough information

FuManChu

Forum Crew Member
I just finished my EMT course a little more than a month ago. I enjoy reading, but when it comes to schooling, I hate reading. However reading in my EMT course really payed off.

I would agree with everyone else, using the EMT apps is good to supplement what you study in the books. I downloaded an iphone app called EMT Academy, and it had quizzes that pretty matched up perfectly with all the chapters in my book, so I would read a chapter, then go through a quiz on the app.

Doodoodeedoo

Forum Ride Along
I am about to start my EMS degree in the fall, so I'm really thankful I found this post. I downloaded a few apps to help me prepare me for my classes. :)

FuManChu

Forum Crew Member
I am about to start my EMS degree in the fall, so I'm really thankful I found this post. I downloaded a few apps to help me prepare me for my classes. :)

Is it a Paramedicine degree program?

Any how good luck! and you gotta hit the books no matter how bad it sucks! It really will pay off. I don't know about you, but once I started my EMT course I loved reading my textbook, I knew it was all information that would only make me a better EMT.

epiaddict

Forum Ride Along
Apps

Brady, my textbook publisher, has a good iPad app. I think it is free too. Brady's "myEMSkit" (website with access code) also seemed helpful but I didn't use it because studying worked well enough.