EMS Pens

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I use random pens. The only things I look for is black ink and the pen must be able to write info on the back of my gloved hand.

Stupid black ninja nitrile gloves. I hate 'em! Now I remember another reason.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Ii also love the fine point g2 gels...did you know they still work after going throughthe laundry?

As far as pts grossing all over my pen I am not shy about having nurses sign for "biohazard" precautions.

And the epcr laptop probly has more contamination than anything else in the rig!

ABEMS

Forum Crew Member
Favorites:
Zebra Sarasa
Zebra G301
Pilot G2
Uniball Jetstream
Uniball 207 Retractable

Still looking for my utlimate pen.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
d03655d9-38a6-d69b.jpg

My baby, pack of 15 of these for like 4 bucks at office max, don't run, med tip, personal preference.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Two colors, too!

Amazing-Multi-function-Pen-Swiss-knive-9.jpg

Amazing-Multi-function-Pen-Swiss-knive-1.jpg

http://www.interestings.net/?p=1070

The thing that's a lighter is also a USB drive. Notice the compass on the right end of the longest piece. Now if they could put a pulse ox in it....

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Zebra F-301, fine point (bad handwriting + fine point = somewhat legible handwriting), black (usually black, but occasionally blue). I love 'em!

My choice too.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
For those of us who write our reports, what pens do you use?

I have two pens at all times, plus a couple company pens stashed in my clipboards (nurses go wild for them, they are great bargaining chips.)

One is my "patient pen" one I give to patients to sign and don't necessarily need back if the patient is gross or coughs on their hand or somesuch (In the case of gross patient I slip out of the room and wipe down my clipboard with a saniwipe.) This pen is any old cheap throw away pen that I acquire.

This is also a pen I will give nurses to sign with if I see they don't sanitize/wash their hands when exiting a patient room or still have dirty gloves on. (Seriously. Gross.) I'm not a glove nazi but I sanitize and wash my hands constantly because of it.

But for MY chart writing I only use g2 fine point gel pens. They write incredibly smooth and they're very dark, easy to read, etc.

I'm still incredibly envious over those who use epcr. Maybe one day.... maybe one day.

Yeah, maybe I'm a tad OCD :)

Trust me. You ain't missing much. I rather use a paper PCR. Medics I sometimes work with will use the paper while onscene for quick notes then copy over. The keyboards are tiny and there is tons of tabs and sub tabs for the program we use.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
nm-0gyk_mn.jpg

Bet these wind up in TSA collections regularly.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
Staedtler liquid point hands down the best pen I have ever owned. they are kinda pricey at $3-5 each, for a throwaway. but those pesky germans sure do know how to make a smooth pen, you wont even feel it rolling on the paper. I use the G2 from time to time but the above mentioned pen my go to, at work and home.

http://www.staedtler.com/liquid_point_5_7_gb

saskgirl

Forum Crew Member
Stupid black ninja nitrile gloves. I hate 'em! Now I remember another reason.

100% agree with that!

I use a papermate flex grip, only the pink breast cancer awareness one. This is so all the sticky fingered boys I work with won't steal my pen and leave me without one!

Joe

Forum Captain
d03655d9-38a6-d69b.jpg

My baby, pack of 15 of these for like 4 bucks at office max, don't run, med tip, personal preference.

These!!! I love the way they write and the hospital always has a ton lying around. They write the best on gloves. Amd we have epcr so its not a big deal. I generally dont write much

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'm a Pilot G-2 guy. But, I like the 1.0 bold. It makes a mark you can be proud of. One that says, "Yo Dawg, I was here", in those dark, firm, definitive strokes.

However, we use ePCR, so I only use it for my own patient notes.

And FYI, writing on your gloves is a bad habit.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm a Pilot G-2 guy. But, I like the 1.0 bold. It makes a mark you can be proud of. One that says, "Yo Dawg, I was here", in those dark, firm, definitive strokes.

However, we use ePCR, so I only use it for my own patient notes.

And FYI, writing on your gloves is a bad habit.

Lol they will learn when they forget and throw the glove away lol

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Now that I've removed the off topic posts, get back on topic, or become the focus of my complete and undivided attention.

signadmin1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Sasha

Sasha

Forum Chief
I write vitals on the stretcher sheets.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
My pens don't write good on sheets...