EDC Bag

NightHealer865

Nationally Registered Paramedic
What are y’all carrying all your stuff in for shift? When I was in paramedic school I had a large backpack that had my textbooks, laptop and stuff in it. Now I’m out and looking for something big enough to carry my phone chargers, iPad, stethoscope and headphones in, but is still small enough to be hidden behind the seat or such.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
What are y’all carrying all your stuff in for shift? When I was in paramedic school I had a large backpack that had my textbooks, laptop and stuff in it. Now I’m out and looking for something big enough to carry my phone chargers, iPad, stethoscope and headphones in, but is still small enough to be hidden behind the seat or such.
I'm currently caring the larger backpack. It's mollee on the outside, and I bought a small pouch that carries my winter stuff (beanie, gloves, boot traction device) but I take it off after winter. In the large compartment are 4 velcro pouches. I use those to hold various things. One pouch holds OTC meds, one holds chargers, one holds toiletries, and the other holds my personal medical toys like stethoscope, reference guide book, etc. Plenty of room for extra stuff, for example my Globe rescue jacket is in there, extrication gloves, odds and ins, etc...

I used to carry this smaller pouch as well. Worked well.
https://amzn.to/2ttFWL6

IMG_20180521_192445.jpeg
20160822_083648.jpeg

Last edited:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
BC5124AF-6639-46F2-AC6C-11BBBDB2A99F.jpeg

Death dealer tactical anti venom 24 hr bag. I’m not a fan of gigantic backpacks because they take up space in the front cab. Inside it has a travel pillow, miscellaneous stuff (shirt stays, webbing), a few cliff bars, phone charger, pens, and my kindle. I also carry my class B shirt stuff in it as well (badge, nameplate, badge bands for those bad days...). The gloves on the outside are for when we pop open the hood on the hot so cal desert days to help out the AC... that hood gets pretty hot.

My helmet and stethoscope I hang on the cargo net in the back of the rig. Inside my helmet I stuff my high vis jacket.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
@NPO what is the helmet for?

PotatoMedic

Ah. Part of me was afraid you worked for one of the weird agency's that make you wear them at all times on shift.

PotatoMedic

Somewhere... I can't rember where but they required their crews to wear a helmet at all times. And they looks... Odd.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
5.11 Moab 10. Fits my 11inch Mac Air, chargers, and a daily planner with tons of room to spare. I like that it’s a sling bag, and I empty it out and it’s my go to carry on bag for air travel because it fits perfectly under the seat. Has tons of compartmentation and also options to place a CCW rig in it if needed.
upload_2018-6-22_8-11-10.jpeg

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
First Spear Comm Pack

29403771_234075790493208_4221067749402607616_n.jpg

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Big baller backpack $$$$

Luckily they are local and I get the LE/EMS hook-up. I've still spent a fortune there. They are high dollar but totally awesome. Love the Wind Cheater for wearing on the Helicopter.

31702701_175789446462232_4512253410946318336_n.jpg

23416439_344137656048789_1904817111012737024_n.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I keep a 5.11 all hazards nitro or prime (the smaller one) that I keep my personal stuff in such as charging cables, laptop, books, flashlights, OTC meds, and other personal items to get me through the day or several days.

I also have a 5.11 MOAB 10, I believe, that I keep in the patient compartment that has equipment that makes my job easier such as coban, 2 of each size syringe (much easier to access than the ones in our unit), extra TQs, needle T kit, chest seals, bougie, triage tags, OPAs, and some Vic’s rub for those smelly patients. I have it stocked to be a small trauma kit/MCI kit.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Somewhere... I can't rember where but they required their crews to wear a helmet at all times. And they looks... Odd.
0670d7fd2b794f78210c13ec45a79da7.jpg

I thought that was the standard?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Death dealer tactical anti venom 24 hr bag. I’m not a fan of gigantic backpacks because they take up space in the front cab. Inside it has a travel pillow, miscellaneous stuff (shirt stays, webbing), a few cliff bars, phone charger, pens, and my kindle. I also carry my class B shirt stuff in it as well (badge, nameplate, badge bands for those bad days...). The gloves on the outside are for when we pop open the hood on the hot so cal desert days to help out the AC... that hood gets pretty hot.

My helmet and stethoscope I hang on the cargo net in the back of the rig. Inside my helmet I stuff my high vis jacket.

Forgot to add for those shifts where I need my personal laptop for school of whatever I take out my travel pillow and my 15 inch MacBook Pro fits easily in the backpack.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I have a small gym bag (cheapest i found at kohls) that has my helmet, winter AnSI approved jacket, utility belt, winter hat and gloves, radio holsters, oxygen wrench (I'm not sure why, but it made it in to it), stethoscope, spare phone and ipad chargers (although i typically keep my primary ones in my laptop bag at the station, which has my laptop and ipad), and a couple of assorted EMS stuff that I have picked up over the years (trauma sheers, flashlight or three, PS02 monitor which I don't know why I have). It stays in the trunk of my car when I'm not on an ambulance (which lately isn't been often since I don't do EMS full time anymore

GST

Forum Ride Along
I use a 5.11 Rush 12, with some Blue Force add-ons, I like that it's on the slim side, but big enough for what I need.

But have also been looking at the 5.11 All Hazards line lately too. Would be interested to hear from anyone here that might have experience with them and their thoughts for EDC.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I use a 5.11 Rush 12, with some Blue Force add-ons, I like that it's on the slim side, but big enough for what I need.

But have also been looking at the 5.11 All Hazards line lately too. Would be interested to hear from anyone here that might have experience with them and their thoughts for EDC.
I have both the Nitro and Prime. The nitro is the perfect size for me for an EDC work bag. I can fit everything I need to in it. The Prime is a bit big for an EDC for me so I use that as a range bag.

Reactions: GST

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I have an LAPG 48 hour pack. It’s like a 5.11, but half the price. Holds a metric $hitload of stuff.