Driving Record/Points?

Chronic510

Forum Probie
Does anyone know what the minimum of driving points you can have on your driving record to be able to work on a rig? Or do you know someone thats been hired with a few points?

I was kinda of a bad kid and kinda fear that its finally about to come and bite me in the butt...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Companies vary. At my company you can have 3 or less. Over 3 and you don't drive (which means you can't work). DUI, you get fired.

If you already have a DUI on your record or a major violation you can expect to not get hired for roughly 7 years.

Edit: Since your in California if you have any points on your record you are at a disadvantage due to Cali being over saturated with EMTs and Medics.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

Chronic510

Forum Probie
Companies vary. At my company you can have 3 or less. Over 3 and you don't drive (which means you can't work). DUI, you get fired.

If you already have a DUI on your record or a major violation you can expect to not get hired for roughly 7 years.

Edit: Since your in California if you have any points on your record you are at a disadvantage due to Cali being over saturated with EMTs and Medics.

Wow! This def helped alot! I have exactly 3 -_-
I do not have a DUI. I was 16 and blew a .07. I was just charged with a misdemeanor/wet wreckless.

Do most places consider that the same? And what company do you work for.(If you dont mind me asking)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Anything with the word "wreckless" is not going to look too well.

All I will say is that I work at a fairly big transport 911 service

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
Are there people that are known to have that and still get employed?

Not in this day in age...

Start looking at some other non-traditional EMT roles. Basically it has a little to do with a company's policies and more to do with you being "uninsurable." :(

Maybe you can slip through the cracks, but not likely...

Supply and demand; EMTs are low in demand and high in supply. Any blemish on your résumé or record hinders your chances at employment let alone the insurance issue.

Good luck.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Not in this day in age...

Start looking at some other non-traditional EMT roles. Basically it has a little to do with a company's policies and more to do with you being "uninsurable." :(

Maybe you can slip through the cracks, but not likely...

Supply and demand; EMTs are low in demand and high in supply. Any blemish on your résumé or record hinders your chances at employment let alone the insurance issue.

Good luck.

This. You can still apply and can get hired so if you want to work in the field then go for it. Just stay out of any legal issues.

Anjel

Forum Angel
My company (in Michigan) will hire you with 2 tickets. So roughly 4 points.

Or 1 ticket and 1 minor accident.

Or 1 major accident.

If you have a DUI you can be hired but you will not drive for 7 years, and everyone will hate you.

All Ryle Dup

Forum Crew Member
My company (in Michigan) will hire you with 2 tickets. So roughly 4 points.

Or 1 ticket and 1 minor accident.

Or 1 major accident.

If you have a DUI you can be hired but you will not drive for 7 years, and everyone will hate you.

You can have a DUI and be a non-driving EMT?! Wow.
How about Michigan...

But this guy is in Cali... I don't think they'll go for that, and I don't think he can even get the Ambulance Driver's Certificate from the DMV let alone the other aforementioned complications. I could be wrong though.

Anjel

Forum Angel
You can have a DUI and be a non-driving EMT?! Wow.
How about Michigan...

But this guy is in Cali... I don't think they'll go for that, and I don't think he can even get the Ambulance Driver's Certificate from the DMV let alone the other aforementioned complications. I could be wrong though.

That's just my company. I can't speak for Michigan in general. But I agree in Cali you're screwed.

In my county we run double medic. Double basic. If was 1 medic 1 basic to a truck I have a feeling it would be different.