Don't run with or throw scissors

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I bet he didn't see that coming!!!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I saw that last week, and I can't figure out if it's real or not. The kid who got stuck is not even freaking out. He's either on something or it could be just fake. The camera guy is not moving much, none of his buddy's are rushing up to him, and they guy who threw the scissors only opens his mouth, no other reaction.

<_<

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by BloodNGlory02@Mar 26 2005, 06:49 PM
the link doesnt work
It requires Windows Media Player.

I don't know if it's real or not. The skin around the "impaled object" is kind of formed to the shape of it so that kind of makes it look real. If it is real, the chubby boy needs to visit the local free mental health clinic. Psycho!

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
I have a similar scissor story....

I have 2 brothers, at the time they were 3 and 9 I think. The 3 year old was going to cut a balloon off of the child gate in our living room and the 9 year old was trying to take the scissors away from him because he said it was too dangerous. Well the 3 year old got mad that he was taking the scissors away and before anyone could intervene the 3 year old opened the scissors and stabbed the 9 year old in the eye.

This was during my sisters birthday party so we had a house full of people and I have never heard screams that loud. For the first few minutes we didnt know what had happened, whether he had actually hit his eye or what was going on. My mom (a nurse) and I got everyone away from my brother and got a closer look at what had happened before loading him into our own ambulance (ford windstar) with a towel over his eye.

He got really lucky because the scissors were open it had cut the top and botton edges of his orb(?) His eyelid was hanging down and a small chunk of his lower lid was missing (we found it later). The scissors missed his eye by millimeters and he sees fine out of that eye and you cant even see the scar where they stitched him up.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Jeez he was VERY Lucky!!! :eek:

... almost like the time I had a beach umbrella fly into my head (Sounds dramatic doesn't it? lol) ...missed my eye by 1/4 of an inch. Now it just looks like one eyebrow is longer than the other.

CodeSurfer

Forum Captain
Did it actually go into your head??? Yikes man. All you need now is an eyebrow pencil for that side.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Lol, yes it did actually (not deep enough to do any major damage), they said I'd be ok, but some debate that fact now.