Do you ever mess with dispatch to make ur night go by a little faster???

MJordan2121

Forum Crew Member
We have a couple of people on my shift who love to mess with the dispatchers. Two in particular always say "Meow" at the end of their radio communication with dispatch.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
No one has ever asked for a wheel chair van intercept? Come on.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
No one has ever asked for a wheel chair van intercept? Come on.

I've done that :D My ALS unit will say 'Wambulance on scene'

PNWMedic

Forum Crew Member
Meow?!?

LOL I love that...

EMT: Hello sir, I am an EMT meow can you tell meow where you are meow?
PT: What?!?
EMT: I said can you tell me what appears to be the problem.... meow?
PT: Did you say meow???
EMT: Why would I say Meow? Sir do you think this is funny.... Meow?
PT: There you said it again!
EMT: Said what? Did you hit your head meow?
PT: Why are you saying Meow?!?

Fun game! How many times can you say "meow" to a patient on a call? lol just kidding!

emt19723

Forum Lieutenant
LOL I love that...

EMT: Hello sir, I am an EMT meow can you tell meow where you are meow?
PT: What?!?
EMT: I said can you tell me what appears to be the problem.... meow?
PT: Did you say meow???
EMT: Why would I say Meow? Sir do you think this is funny.... Meow?
PT: There you said it again!
EMT: Said what? Did you hit your head meow?
PT: Why are you saying Meow?!?

Fun game! How many times can you say "meow" to a patient on a call? lol just kidding!

LMAO thats some good s*** right there!!!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
What is a wheel chair van intercept? Is that like making fun of the older ambulances?

Since I work in a transport service, for us a wheel chair van intercept is a patient who does not need to be transported by ambulance, but the hospital does not want to wait for family member or medivan to show up to transport back to SNF. If the patient has medicare and is not bed confined or have a medical condition requiring ambulance transport, I will refuse right then and there to transport and call SMT (Our companies medivan service) (since medicare would thereby deny that claim sticking the bill to the pt. I refuse to make some little old lady on a fixed income go through something like that.)

IrishEMT

Forum Probie
Hah, no. But I have known some people to call in radio checks at 4 am to mess with the sleeping crew. Such was my first shift at the new company. Sigh.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
Other services and PD listen in to see who is running lights and sirens that they aren't dispatching to warn their units. Often it is a BLS truck "expediting" a call that hits some 911 response unit when there is too much confusion with numerous sirens all blasting at the same time. This means a dispatcher needs to be alert regardless of what type of service they work for and know what units they have out there for everyone's safety.

With the recent national headlines, our dispatchers are put on notice that everything will be by the book which includes no goofing off on the radio.
I like that. I used to get that all the time from my previous company. Unit 82, please "expedite". I got so mad, because they imply they want you to break the law, but do not come right out and say it. What does that mean? A unjustified code 3? Speeding illegally code 2? No no of course not it just means hurry but if you dont go code you will get written up, and if someone calls and complains you will still get written up. Private companies....