diet soft drink addiction

emt4life

Forum Crew Member
yes, I have been trying to break it for years, no luck. I have been able to reduce the number of cans a day, but have been unable to break it. If anyone has any hints they would greatly appreciated. I don't smoke or drink, so I figure one vice isn't too bad.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I switched to iced tea and have pretty much quit drinking soda.

gradygirl

TROUBLE
I'm reforming my habits and trying to carry a water bottle with me everywhere I go. I've decided that if I get tired of plain old water, I'm going to check out that Crystal Light stuff (or whatever it is) and see how that works.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Crystal light is great but it's getting expensive. I like water when I'm in the mood for it but I'm soda junkie. When I'm dieting I quit drinking soda and use decaf tea or crystal light instead.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Not me. Anything with Nutra-Sweet or Splenda tastes AWFUL to me. I hate the stuff, and it leaves a nasty aftertaste.

I just switched to that Vitamin Water stuff instead. :)

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Okay I'm a soda junkie of regular pop. I just don't care for the diet taste, unless it is Diet Mountain Dew.

I have found my self drinking less when I'm working at the park as to sitting at home all day. I have gotten into a habit of carring a water jug with me in the 1 liter size and am now able to get rid of 1 a day which is fine by me. I didn't mind drinking the Propel water by Gatorade which I really didn't mind besides the price, and some of the flavors. I have been making the Crystal Light. I agree with those about the price but have found that the single serve packets is enough flavoring for 1 litter. You can get the off brand which taste alot like Crystal Light but is cheaper.

dizzymedic

Forum Probie
I am an addict... I know it... I acknowledge it... I refuse to do anything about it... I love my diet Pepsi or any diet drink for that matter. I got off all the rest of the junk but cannot and will not get rid of that one...Did I forget to say I was an addict?

Raf

Forum Lieutenant
Diet soda is so nasty, and so bad for you.

Real sugar is better for you than fake sugar, at least it gives you energy.

33mongo

Forum Ride Along
water

I am so addicted to water. I DRINK atleast a gallon a day. But I live in Florida
and sweat most of it out. But the sad part is that is all i drink and I still weigh 260.

emtI

Forum Crew Member
I can't make it through the day without a pepsi. At least one, most of the time 5 or 6. I am a Pepsi-junkie.

Wish I could give it up too.

I get migraines, so when I try to cut back on the pepsi, i start getting headaches. Any ideas how to avoid that?

If I drink tea, it must have lots of sugar, so that's not healthy either!

If you figure out a way to kick the habit, please share!

gradygirl

TROUBLE
You, my friend, are addicted to caffeine.

Try to cut back gradually, not cold turkey. Limit the amount of Pepsi you drink, and if you're going to replace it with sweetened tea, use Splenda. Ultimately, you want to get to the point where you don't need the caffeine and instead replace it with water or another non-Pepsi drink.

JDFEMS

Forum Probie
Diet Dr. Pepper Ahhhhhhhh*Homer Simpson Drool*, My DW and I have tried the Vitamin water and it's quite tasty...kinda like water with a bit of flavoring....*shrug* helps the headache that comes after a) a night out drinking or b) back to back 12 hr shifts...

gradygirl

TROUBLE
You are 100% Georgian if you have ever had this conversation:

"You wanna Coke?"

"Yeah."

"What kind?"

"Dr Pepper."

-Raises hand-

Last edited by a moderator:

NYCWatchdog

Forum Probie
Anything with caffeine... and soda is one of the easiest to get... but on the flip I hate hot coffee... and can only drink iced coffee. Go figure.

94accord

Forum Crew Member
I just don't care for the diet taste, unless it is Diet Mountain Dew.

AAAAK :eek: diet Mountain Dew tasts like :censored: ! lol

I used to be addicted to sodas. I discovered all the nasty things it was doing to my body, so I started replacing a can of soda with water from time to time. Every week changing more soda for water. took me about 2 months, but I was totaly free of my addiction to soda. I can now drink it from time to time without reverting back to my old ways... but thats because I am now addicted to WaWa Peach and Raspberry iced tea! LOL