diet soft drink addiction

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant
Part of the problem with soda addictions is some of us, not all I'm sure but some, have nothing else that's as easily available and cheap as soda unless you want to count water...and the taste of water is so bland that it just doesn't do anything for me. :rolleyes: they need to start making powerade/gatorade as cheap as water and as available as soda. Those would be the golden days...

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Aw hell folks I just love coffee! It's hot water with attitude!! and with REAL suger and half/half! :p :) :p

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant

VinBin

Forum Captain
Just start drinking water, it'll grow on you...

Or else you'll turn into some people I know, having withdrawal symptoms w/o 3 servings of coffee a day...also, caffeine will actually work when you need it...

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
You left out extremely addicting, hehe.

What can I say, I have been drinking coffee long before Starbucks was a "social" thing! My most favorite brand is Peet's coffee. First found it in San Franciso, God I love that town!!:) :)

premedtim

Forum Lieutenant
I'm already turning into one of those addicts Vin...but like today, I /did/ need some caffeine and it worked fine, even though my body is used to caffeine. I blame it on my friend in paramedic school. He had me try Starbucks a few weeks ago and I've been hooked ever since. It's all his fault. :)

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
All I know is I quit smoking it was hard but I quit. But I can't give up CAFFEINE!!!! HELP :wacko:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I was always taught that the back bone of EMS was sugar, grease and caffine!!!:p :p :p

trauma1534

Forum Captain
Well, there is nothing no better than to start off your shift first thing in the morning at the local dinner with some good ole bacon and eggs just dripping with grease and runny cheese and fried potatoes, topped off with a harsh cup or three of coffee, stong enough that you can stand your spoon up in it, and finally finishing the whole meal off with a good ole couple or 3 Marlboro Lights! Wow! The things we do in EMS when we are suposed to be health care providers!!! We won't even get started on the trends of our state symposiums, conventions, etc what ever your state calls it (it's that week that you go away and take ummm all these classes for con-ed hours).

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
But don't you know that everything is in moderation!!^_^

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Well, there is nothing no better than to start off your shift first thing in the morning at the local dinner with some good ole bacon and eggs just dripping with grease and runny cheese and fried potatoes, topped off with a harsh cup or three of coffee, stong enough that you can stand your spoon up in it, and finally finishing the whole meal off with a good ole couple or 3 Marlboro Lights! Wow! The things we do in EMS when we are suposed to be health care providers!!! We won't even get started on the trends of our state symposiums, conventions, etc what ever your state calls it (it's that week that you go away and take ummm all these classes for con-ed hours).

You wern't working at MCV when the old Skull and Bones was open across the street. It was grease at its best.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Was that really the name of that restaurant?:wacko:

trauma1534

Forum Captain
What skull and bones place was that? The grease spoon across from the road to go to ROEMS is the one I am talking about. Yes, Grease at it's best!

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
What skull and bones place was that? The grease spoon across from the road to go to ROEMS is the one I am talking about. Yes, Grease at it's best!

No it was a resturant across from the ED at MCV. They tore it down when then did the renovation. Fedmedic knows what I'm talking about. The name of it was Skull and Bones.

trauma1534

Forum Captain
Oh! I guess it was a real grease pit and prolly got alot of business since we have EMS from all over bringing us pt.'s and EMS is weirdly always drawn to good ole grease and strong coffee

Recycled Words

Forum Crew Member
I try to keep a container of Kool-Aid or powdered iced tea or Crystal Light in my locker because my soft drink addiction was getting expensive and some lucky vending machines were having field days....

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
I try to keep a container of Kool-Aid or powdered iced tea or Crystal Light in my locker because my soft drink addiction was getting expensive and some lucky vending machines were having field days....

Hey that Crystal Light is some good stuff.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Too sweet for me. just give me a good cup of coffee on a COLD night! ^_^