deleting threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
No kidding. See my first post. Even if the mods or admin deleted it from their servers it would still exist. So edit/delete and admin delete are tantamount to the same thing.

He is essentially asking for something he can do himself, which albeit is a little neater if the mods nuke the whole thing.

We actually moved away from this after a few instances where a user removed all of their side of a discussion. Made the arguments seem rather silly, and made the post not make sense.

As for deleting accounts - It has been tried in the past, but results in further headaches with our databases, etc.

rhadreco, you agreed to these terms when you created your account here. If you didn't read them, that isn't our fault.

So, I'm going to echo FFEMT8978, you have a few options:

You can keep posting and be a contributing member to our community.
You can just go away of your own volition.
You can ask to be banned from this site.

Your move.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Correct. Members only have the ability to edit their post for 15 minutes after it is posted.

Our rules were in place when you signed up, and haven't changed since then...the same rules that you agreed to before you were allowed to join. If you chose not to read them or did and thought they didn't apply to you, then it is nobody's fault but your own.

As to the other forum you are referring to, that's the great thing about the internet. You will always be able to find somebody to tell you exactly what you want to hear. We are about discussion, not about stroking your ego and telling you what you want. Discussion, by it's very nature, implies that people will disagree with you.

As has been previously pointed out, you have three options:
1) Continue being a productive member of this forum
2) Leave this forum and never return of your own free will
3) I ban your account and ensure you can never return.
None of these three options involve removing your posts or your account, so which is it going to be?

Gooo scooter

OP
OP
R

rhadreco

Forum Probie
rhadreco, you agreed to these terms when you created your account here. If you didn't read them, that isn't our fault.

Indeed, and I regret the decision, although I just assumed it was like any other board I've been a member of that allows users to control their posts and threads.
I still stand by what I said, "I wish that I would have never signed up."

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Indeed, and I regret the decision, although I just assumed it was like any other board I've been a member of that allows users to control their posts and threads.
I still stand by what I said, "I wish that I would have never signed up."

And yet you keep coming back.

Since this thread is going nowhere fast, I'm going to close it.

We're not going to change our policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.