Dear male EMT students,

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
The quickest way to make an enemy out of your female lab partner is to call her abdomen "squishy." ESPECIALLY after you dis on her football team.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

See?? Lol he about got pounded for that.

Anjel

Forum Angel
In my assessment class when verbalizing my breast findings I stated "they are nice". Lol

My teacher almost fell out of her chair.

I'm a female though. Easier for me to get away with it.

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
If that's the worst thing you have heard/had happen to you at work as a fire/EMS provider, i would say your doing pretty good.

JPINFV

Gadfly
In my assessment class when verbalizing my breast findings I stated "they are nice". Lol
borat-very-nice.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
The quickest way to make an enemy out of your female lab partner is to call her abdomen "squishy." ESPECIALLY after you dis on her football team.

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant

Funny. Which program did you end up choosing? Tonight in medic school we begin medication administration and sticking each other with needles. I plan on passing out like a wuss at least once the first time someone misses my vein and digs around.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Funny. Which program did you end up choosing? Tonight in medic school we begin medication administration and sticking each other with needles. I plan on passing out like a wuss at least once the first time someone misses my vein and digs around.

I wish we were sticking people more than glucose. ;P I'm there Monday and Wednesday nights and some Saturdays. When are you there? I know sometimes we're there the parking lot is packed- I figured that was you guys. Plus Kaitlyn and another gal whose name I can't remember is always helping us with labs

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

My teacher almost fell out of her chair.

I'm a female though. Easier for me to get away with it.
You'll miss those days when your morbidly-obese patient literally loses a remote under the breast...

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
When checking JVD my program director once said "Nice juggs"

At 0800 in school I told my (academic) partner "I think there is something wrong with your makeup". I was trying to be helpful because there was definitely something wrong. "Do you have a girlfriend?" she said. "Yeah". "Would you ever speak to her like that?". "What?"...and the mystery continues.

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
I wish we were sticking people more than glucose. ;P I'm there Monday and Wednesday nights and some Saturdays. When are you there? I know sometimes we're there the parking lot is packed- I figured that was you guys. Plus Kaitlyn and another gal whose name I can't remember is always helping us with labs

So, to answer my question: You're at Avera, right?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Maybe I'm gonna be that guy but if you're gonna take something like that personally after describing yourself as "chickeny" you're going to need a thicker skin.

I highly doubt your classmate was taking a stab at you.

My girlfriend, who no longer works in EMS but used to, had many, many far worse things said to her by patients up to and including a patient stating they wanted to rape her.

Moral of the story, people are learning, don't take their mistakes personally.

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

Guys- im not seeiously mad. I just couldnt believe he said it- took me offguard. Im a rough and rumble girl who grew ip with 7 boys (brothers and close cousins.) I know I Have to be flipping tough to take this job. Believe me, you dont have to worry about me.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I remember evaluating a student who was so nervous assessing his rather mammary gland endowed female patient (class scenario)....that he took his stethoscope and said he was going to listen to her breast sounds....the red in his face and the fluster in his tone after that was hilarious.