Dealing with Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elk Oil

Forum Crew Member
I can't hold my tongue anymore.... If you all think caring too much is a crime, I'm guilty as charged as well. This guy just wants to give everyone a fair shot at surviving. We can't be playing God out there, dooming people to death when we can work their pulseless body... read some medical journals people

My state protocol addresses radiation exposure this way:

If vomiting starts: Within 1 hour of exposure, survival is unlikely and patient should be tagged “Expectant.”

Writing off living people?!? Looks like this cruelty goes all the way to the top! Oh, the humanity!!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
There is a point where no matter what anyone does that person is going to die. That's when it's time to realize that it's basically stupid (not calling anyone out) to waste resources on something/someone that can't be saved when those resources can be doing something to save someone that actually has a chance.

If you get too involved with giving everyone a chance then in the case of a MCI you are going to be no help at all. If you start working the first patient without a pulse then you could be letting someone else die. And all the other person may have needed to live was to reposition their airway.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
There are way too many new folks coming to his defense for this to be kosher.

If you are serious about all of this, OP (I don't think you are): Then you really should get out of EMS, and find something less stressful on you. How about a vet tech?

Stop_fighting_my_tube!

Forum Ride Along
Big Pat on the Back.

most of the comments in this thread are by users with 10 or less comments,
my money is on all of them being created by the same person for trolling purpose, I've seen it done on many a forum.

(nevermind that I have very few comments, these are not the droids you're looking for)

I forgot....frequency of posting is directly relative to legitimacy.

Sasha

Forum Chief

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
All this talk about saving people. How many status CPR patient's do you medic units average in a month? Specifically, those of you in metro areas?

I scan the ALS radio all day at work (listening to radio reports helps me get mine down, not trying to be a whacker) and in a year listening to that plus several ride alongs, I can count on my hands and feet the number of status CPR patients I've seen/heard worked.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
You don't need to look much further than the recent band list to find who is posting all of this crap and agreeing with said crap. Just sayin

Anjel

Forum Angel
You don't need to look much further than the recent band list to find who is posting all of this crap and agreeing with said crap. Just sayin

Who was recently banned? Usaf wouldnt do it and sasha is back lol

Sasha

Forum Chief
Who was recently banned? Usaf wouldnt do it and sasha is back lol

Im not dedicated enough to create multiple accounts like that. I suspect lfl.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

lifesavingsob

Forum Probie
Waaaaaaah!! I got into the ambulance service because I thought it would be cool like on TV and it's not, waaaaaaah!

Boo hoo shut the hell up and go away before Brown vomits blood everywhere

Seriously?? Completely inappropriate for a "forum deputy chief". Not sure how you're used to treating people down in new zealand... but in AMERICA we like to show a little respect. But then again there's nothing but sheep down there anyway...

Sasha

Forum Chief
Seriously?? Completely inappropriate for a "forum deputy chief". Not sure how you're used to treating people down in new zealand... but in AMERICA we like to show a little respect. But then again there's nothing but sheep down there anyway...

Yeah thats a lot of respect youre showing.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

nwhitney

Forum Captain
Please close this thread. No one is helping the OP and instead is engaged in a pi$$ing contest.

emt-mike

Forum Crew Member
obvioustroll.jpg

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Staying out of this one!

Last edited by a moderator:

emt-mike

Forum Crew Member
for everyone that is buying into this,

have you never been witness to a forum troll? this is a textbook case.
taking an unpopular, or ridiculous viewpoint to elicit reactions, creating multiple accounts to fan the flames, etc.

someone on a previous page said it, TRAUMA aired 22 months ago, if this guy got his Basic, and Medic certs and got a job in 22 months, and is already burned out I will publicly apologize, but the chances of that happened are slim to none, think about it

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Really? He asked a serious question in regards to something that's been bothering him. This isn't the place for this.

It's pretty obvious that all of this is complete BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.