Company offering Ipad Mini to new hires

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
A quick search of "Elite Ambulance" here will answer your question.
:ph34r:

OpsMgr1

Forum Ride Along
If you look at the want ads for EMT's you will find that every company is desperately looking for EMT's. As a manager at our company, I am offering cash bonuses for EMT's. Money gets taxed and ipads are one of the hottest items, so this is really not a bad idea.

Also, I believe everything that everyone says about every company on here.

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
If your company has a good reputation within the industry and you have a proactive management staff that goes out and visits EMT schools and does presentations you won't need to "buy" your EMTs. The best way to get your field staff is by word of mouth. If you treat your employees well, they will do the leg work for you without you having to spend extra money on leering them in.

The only way I would see a "sign on bonus" make sense is if a company was taking over a huge hospital/911 contract and they had a small amount of time to have units up and running. Other than that, there is no need.

How about parterning with dialysis facilities and offering free dialysis appointments for new hire's family members?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
No, it's a agency trying to encourage applicants to come work there. Has nothing to do with apples or oranges.

OP
OP
toyskater86

toyskater86

Forum Lieutenant
That's just your opinion, as is mine prior. Opinions are like :censored: , everyone has them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
If you look at the want ads for EMT's you will find that every company is desperately looking for EMT's. As a manager at our company, I am offering cash bonuses for EMT's. Money gets taxed and ipads are one of the hottest items, so this is really not a bad idea.
really? I heard Cali is overly saturated with EMTs with everyone looking for a job.

How can you be in cali and have to offer cash bouses to get people in the door?

OpsMgr1

Forum Ride Along
really? I heard Cali is overly saturated with EMTs with everyone looking for a job.

I believe it is because school has started and most have gone to part-time leaving a lot of open shifts. Another LA company has been offering an extra 4 hours of pay for each shift.

We partner with an EMT school and try to recruit from there but many are medical students taking the course in order to get their patient contacts. A lot of the pre-med students are unable to pass our lift test.

terrible one

Always wandering

It is. But hopefully people are getting wiser and not falling for the 'glory' these ambulance companies promise and they actually realize they are simply a glorified taxi. There are a lot of other jobs for EMTs other than a shady ambulance company.

It is. But hopefully people are getting wiser and not falling for the 'glory' these ambulance companies promise and they actually realize they are simply a glorified taxi. There are a lot of other jobs for EMTs other than a shady ambulance company.

^truth^

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Generally most ambulance companies in CA are not hurting for EMTs. Most have waitlists for EMTs and sometimes Medics.

If a company in SoCal is offering sign on bonuses for EMTs something is majorly wrong.

JPINFV

Gadfly
That's just your opinion, as is mine prior. Opinions are like :censored: , everyone has them.
I see your saying that opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one, what I hear is someone whining about someone disagreeing with them instead of actually discussing the point.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
...and I'm sure it a retention tool. "Come work for us and stay for 12 months, we'll give you an iPad." That's the way MOST sign ons work. Otherwise, people would take the job, take the cash (or iPad) and jump ship.

emtnoah

Forum Ride Along
Wow! This is an interesting concept! My question is why not give them to the seasoned veterans?