Comments / Suggestions / Questions about new forum

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I just now noticed that no one has avatars anymore.
What the heck is up with that?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Phridae said:
I just now noticed that no one has avatars anymore.
What the heck is up with that?
We have avatars. :unsure:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I haven't bothered to put one up... thats all.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
can you put an "active topics in the last week" link in with "active topics in the last day?"

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
I just hit "new posts" everytime I log in, and go through those.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
well.. I'll get half-way through, and then have to go do something else...

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Good suggestion, but I'm not sure there is any way to actually do it. As you read each thread it should be marked read. You can "view new posts" which will show you the posts that you haven't viewed. I know the system isn't always accurate, but I think it's the best we've got.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
"View new posts" works great, until I have to go do something else and don't get back until half an hour later... if I leave the site, it thinks I've read all of them.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Clicking this link will give you the day's new posts. That sometimes helps when I have to run off in the middle of reading new posts.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Matt, you may want to consider installing this add-on feature: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96522

Aside from putting the number of unread posts in the welcome area, it adds an option you can set so that when a person clicks the New Posts link, not only will it return links to posts that have been updated (replied to) since that person's last visit, but it will also include links to threads that haven't been updated since the person's last visit, but at the time of that person's last visit, still had new replies that weren't read yet. I think this is what Jon wants.

I have been using this add-on feature on my own board at www.jjr512.com for a long time and it's great. :)

crash_cart

Forum Crew Member
I'd like to suggest that perhaps we need an entire forum section dedicated to NREMT testing. Yes, folks should search before posting,but seeing a sectionright for it right off the bat might help things a bit. Just a suggestion, perhaps I'm off-base, the wife thinks so a majority of the time.;)

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'd like to suggest that perhaps we need an entire forum section dedicated to NREMT testing. Yes, folks should search before posting,but seeing a sectionright for it right off the bat might help things a bit. Just a suggestion, perhaps I'm off-base, the wife thinks so a majority of the time.;)

After a brief discussion among the CL's, we have done just that. All threads related to the NREMT have been moved to a new forum dedicated to the NREMT.

Let us know if you have any other suggestions about how to improve this place.

patrick239

Forum Probie
You're saying that your password just randomly worked? It doesn't even transfer passwords. That has me worried.

After a brief discussion among the CL's, we have done just that. All threads related to the NREMT have been moved to a new forum dedicated to the NREMT.

Let us know if you have any other suggestions about how to improve this place.

just testing to see how quotes work, sorry gotta try somehow