CIEMT in Signal Hills, CA

G37Rider92649

Forum Probie
Hi, guess life took a different route for me and I have decided I finally want to step it up and take my EMT Basics to start a career in it. It has always been something in the back of my mind and whatever I did in life it kept leading back to it, so now instead of thinking I'd decided to pull the trigger on it and go! I am looking to register for CIEMT in Signall Hills, CA and I am looking for any info, reviews, feedbacks, and suggestions from you fellow forum members, especially those whom have attended the course before. Yes I have done some search on the site and I'd thought I'd ask again encase if others have something to say for that way I can knowledge myself more of it, and for reference to the future people whom will search the same subject. Thanks everybody.

Code7

Forum Probie
I'm seriously considering taking this course as well. Are you worried about the workload? Thats the only thing that has me concerned. I'll be watching this post, hopefully someone can give some insight!

OP
OP
G37Rider92649

G37Rider92649

Forum Probie
Same here! I am not attending community college the semester that I'm going ciemt, I own a small business and I have to put that aside also so money will be tight, I need full on concentration. I am looking to take the 7 week course and then again it's only 7 weeks but I am sure nervous about it; confident but very nervous at the same time haha but I'm ready. When were you planning to take it?

Seeing your in Anaheim, they do have a North Orange County ROP that starts soon but it will be Sept. - Jan, 5 months!? That's too long for me, and in some people's theory, stretching a class that long can sometimes make you forget things because usually people whom take that course has other things in life to do; schooling, working, etc.

Is the CIEMT 7 week a huge workload? Does anyone know? Either way I'm up for it but shared experience would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
wow my first post goes out to CIEMT, anyway, its a good class. i have lots of friend who have taken that course. yes the workload is high, but if you put your time in you will succeed. matt goodman is a great, high energy instructor. i suggest you call him and ask to sit in on a lecture, he will be more than willing to accommodate you. good luck to you both.

Code7

Forum Probie
I am looking to take the 7 week course and then again it's only 7 weeks but I am sure nervous about it; confident but very nervous at the same time haha but I'm ready. QUOTE]

I didn't know they had a 7 week course, I had only heard about the 2 week bootcamp-type course. Im going to check into the 7 week course, I'd like to start as soon as possible. Maybe we'll even be in the same class?!

OP
OP
G37Rider92649

G37Rider92649

Forum Probie
How about you? What route did life take you on? And thanks for your input!

Yeah I'm sure the workload is up, explaining why it's so fast, I seen some guys taking the 4 week course M-F and doing great and it leaves me going WOW so I'm hoping the 7 week won't be as bad, well I know it won't but just hope it isn't too much for me to tolerate, but then again I am not in a position to be sitting around taking a 2 semester course at a college or a 5-6 month course at ROP so for what I want this is my only choice I guess? I am sure nervous! And Thank u for the good luck!

RoadZOmbie

Forum Crew Member
I was in the shoes of you gentlemen a few months ago. I was about to pull the trigger on ciemt. BUT, decided to attend Cerritos Community College. $26 bucks a unit, total of 5 units. $100+ for books. 5 hours a week on a ride along or clinical volunteers. Alot of LBFD medics/fireman told me the fast accelerated is good if your in a hurry, but you can't beat the community colleges prices. I think this semester starts in August and ends in December, 4 months.

MDA

Forum Lieutenant
I recently had to take a refresher and I almost went with them.

Matt Goodman, and the guy who teaches the EMT program @ McCormick are solid dudes. Haven't heard a bad thing about them, and from what I was told they are hard asses but you learn a lot, and you're ready to go to work.

I'd give them serious consideration.

girlyEMT26

Forum Probie
Ciemt

I attend CIEMT in Jan... and it was fun, it was rough, well for me since i worked full time and attended Class at night mon-fri from 4-10 but it only took a month.... Matt, Jeff, Brad, Bryce are all awesome..... word of advice show up on time!;)

PS: it is totally worth it......

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
a 7 week class? i don't understand how you can learn everything you need to in 7 weeks. my class was 5 months and I still didn't know half what I thought I did. I guess this course is what everyone calls a emt/medic mill. good luck to yall but I would seriously look into a community college to take the course

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
5 months for emt that is retarded, my medic was 7 months. CIEMT also offers 3 week classes (i have worked with people from that class and 3 weeks is too short, 4 would probably work though) you have to look at what an EMT is here in SoCal (especially in orange or Los Angeles) they are gurney pushers. fire will have anywhere from 4-6 medics OS in less than 8 minutes. the ambulances are all dual EMT and if it is an als call the fire medic will ride in. maby in your state EMT means more, but not out here.

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
7 weeks for basic and 7 months for medic. I just can't imagine it. I start my medic program next fall once I get some prereq classes out of the way and its a total of 5 semesters. I guess if it works for you then do it but I honestly believe there should be more education required.

So Cal EMT

Forum Probie
I took the M W F 7 week course last October and it is tough but it definitely prepares you for NREMT. You made the right choice. But be ready to study!!!

Keep us posted.