CIEMT in Signal Hills, CA

Ricky_Rescue

Forum Ride Along
Just finished that course: grueling as hell. Don't be a slacker. I graduated from a top University and I still thought that was mildly challenging even for me. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for someone who just graduated from High School or who didn't go to college.

We're talking about 6 hour lectures, 4 days a week followed by a 6 hour practical the next day. Rinse and repeat for 4 weeks. Oh - did I mention quiz every lecture day?

Yea. But that's not all. The instructor - Matt Goodman, a real hot-shot in the SoCal EMS world - does not f*ck around. This isn't play time. He will grill the sh*t out of you until you trip up. In front of everyone. While he's yelling at you. One of my favorite quotes from him: "You better know your stuff."

Definitely a different approach to learning than the one I'm used to, but nevertheless a real roller-coaster ride that left me stronger and better equipped than most basics who run ambulances (from what I hear and from the 12 hour shift I pulled with a local 911). If you follow their directions, study well and come to class prepared and pass their class you CANNOT fail the NREMT. They are the best.

Recommended if you're ready to swallow the red pill.

Last edited by a moderator:

medicgirl23

Forum Ride Along
I TOTALLY 100% recommend CIEMT! and the hawthorne class! Mike Wilson is the best teacher around. i cant say the same for long beach, teacher is harder over there is what i heard, and on females! and who ever has a problem in the posts that i saw earlier with mccormick being there contract is weird. mccormick is a great company for them to have contracted because you will learn a lot and get to see a lot running 911 calls with la county fire dept in a busy area. Mccormick all the way. I took ciemt back in 09' and passed. it is not hard if this is what you really want to do! just buckle down and study. they prepare you in every way possible to take the national exam. i took scroc back in hs and i failed the national because of how bad the scroc course was taught. i learned sooo much more from ciemt. i was so glad that when i took ciemt, that the national was so much easier this time around and its all because of the great school and instructors! all things that you work hard for will come! take ciemt! cheap and fast and great learning!