Christmas

namaste1967

Forum Crew Member
Do you feel like society is forcing Christmas on us earlier and earlier? A radio station here started playing 100% Christmas music the day after Halloween and the stores were already putting up Christmas stuff BEFORE Halloween!!! Seems to me that the meaning has been lost to selling product.................... :blink: :angry:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
All depends on where you live. Here in Florida it never feels like Christmas. That's because it doesn't get cold or snow here. Every Christmas for the last four years I've worn shorts and a tshirt on Christmas day. Ya just can't get into the spirt when you're wearing shorts.

Rangat

Forum Lieutenant
We get quite into xmas in South Africa, and I havent seen snow in my life!

But it does feel a bit eary yes...

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
I am the Grinch, I dont like Christmas. Sure I celebrate it on Christmas morning and all that with the family, but outside of that I get very irritated when I see dancing santas that look like they are doing an ex-lax commercial, and I get pissy when I hear christmas music.

I absolutely hate going out now because Wal-Mart had their Christmas stuff out by the 2nd week of October and the next aisle over had the halloween crap. During the month of Nov. and Dec. I never listen to the radio, and never watch TV due to the Christmas ads that say BUY THIS DAMN TOY NOW! The only Christmas movie I watch is a "A Christmas Story" with Peter Billingsley -"You'll Shoot Youre Eye Out Kid" - and thats the ONLY reason I watch it - is to see him shoot his eye out.

Again Im greener than the Grinch.

-CP <_<

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
As a rule I love Christmas time. I do agree though, it seems to be forced on us earlier each year. And I agree with you Chimpie, its just not the same without snow.

This year, it will be kind of Blah for me though. Its my sons year to go to his fathers. So, from Dec 16 through the first of the year, I will be a virtual train wreck. I have volunteered to work Christmas Eve and Day. No sense just sitting at home, wondering if he is having a good time. Will probably work New Years Eve as well. Last year I had a party for my boy and all his friends - 13 boys ages 6-8 - now that was fun with fireworks!!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Christmas will be pretty low-key at my house this year... my brother is in the Gulf so my Mom doesn't want to make a huge deal out of Christmas... she said we're going to "sit around and pray all day".

Anyways, I'm having Christmas dinner at my new place, nothing fancy, but just to get Mom & Dad out of the house.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Yeah.

Also, anyone notice how many holidays have become "mechandising events" - Haloween Lights.... decorations, etc..... more than the cardboard jack-o-lantern?

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Nov 8 2005, 05:07 PM
Merry Non-Denominational Winter Season Event!
Holy Cow.... Welcome BACK.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Yup, Nov 1st all our stores had thier Xmas stuff out and I saw 2 Xmas commercials that night. I like (not love) Xmas. Actually Halloween & St Paddy's Day are at a tie for my fav's.

My family and my in-laws hate each other with a passion so Thanksgiving and Xmas are a real PITA for me. Plus my mom & dad-in laws, grandfather-in law and myself have our birthdays during Nov/Dec so it's more than just the two holidays for us. This year I have vowed not to stress out or go overboard buying gifts (I'm REALLY bad about that) but our budget sucks this year. I'm going to try to sit back and relax this time around.

The best part though is that Barnies sells its "White Christmas" coffee this time of year, I'm going to have to stock up for the year when it goes on sale! :D

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
No christmas lights this year... Jenn already agreed. I may fall off the ladder. I'm thinking about just lining the caddy's up outside, and turning the rotator lights on. That would make a great picture I bet!

emtI

Forum Crew Member
Originally posted by Wingnut@Nov 8 2005, 06:44 PM

My family and my in-laws hate each other with a passion so Thanksgiving and Xmas are a real PITA for me.
Yours, too, huh? Now I don't feel like the lone ranger! :D

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Yup emtI, it really adds spice to the holidays, or rather, it really adds a lot of "spice" to my eggnog every year ;)

WHKR, your wife is a smart woman! Listen to her!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Nov 8 2005, 10:27 PM
No christmas lights this year... Jenn already agreed. I may fall off the ladder.
She has a point. :p :lol:

Decorate the front porch. and the mailbox.

I'm thinking about just lining the caddy's up outside, and turning the rotator lights on. That would make a great picture I bet!
Only you.

Probably would be cool. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Nov 8 2005, 10:27 PM
No christmas lights this year... Jenn already agreed. I may fall off the ladder. I'm thinking about just lining the caddy's up outside, and turning the rotator lights on. That would make a great picture I bet!
Alex,
Listen to your wife, she smart woman, and as for the rotors on the whacker mobiles, Wow, send me a pic and I'll make a special EMT Life Christmas card out of it. LOL.

-CP

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Don't forget to add a green reflector/dome. :D

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Chimpie@Nov 8 2005, 06:20 AM

That's because it doesn't get cold or snow here.
I'll throw a snowball your way :p